(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

2006/2007 WSOBP RULES

Home Page – Flat Forums The World Series of Beer Pong 2006/2007 WSOBP RULES

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  William Gaines 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

maximusf

I was just wondering when the rules are going to be announced, I am playing in a satellite tournament tomorrow that claims to be playing by the 2007 WSOBP rules. The problem, however, is that these rules have yet to be announced, when is this going to happen? Ideally it would be tonight or tomorrow morning, but i realize billy does not run on my schedule (return my emails..), so I was wondering if we could either get a set of tentative rules for the 2007 WSOBP of a copy of the 2006 WSOBP rules, if anyone besides billy knows either please let me know.

j-ho

where you playing the sat. tourney tomorrow?? we have one in missiouri tomorrow also…maybe its the same one lol… well good luck!

duncan

For one thing, the basic rules have already been posted on the WSOBP II page.

link

In addition to what is there, we have decided on 10 cups per side, and reformation will most likely be mandatory at 6, 4, 3, 2, and a pull-back of the last cup if requested.

Be patient because we are very close to being done. The reason they haven’t been released yet is that we are hesitant to release a rule set that we have not carefully examined. Anyone can think up rules that they like, but there is more to think about here than just "is it fun".

I will try to get something like a cheat sheet released tonight so that the tourneys going down this weekend will have something more to work with.

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Also, if you check out this post (link), you will see the basics that somebody posted based on what I’ve been saying in the forum. As I stated in the forum, those are the rules at a quick read. As Duncan said, "The reason they haven’t been released yet is that we are hesitant to release a rule set that we have not carefully examined." The "Official WSOBP Rules" are not out because we are trying to carefully arrange them and clarify them to make sure they are crystal clear, but the basics are all out there, and as just noted, that one forum post pretty much summarizes it all.

maximusf

Thank you for responding to my post with the quickness; I was worried that there would be no established rules (or at least a good outline) before the satellite tournament started. I believe your decision to go with 10 cup is wise, it will add legitimacy to the tournament, and the mandatory racks are key. If you could specify how much beer (and are you going to be allowed to play with water?) would be used that would be useful. Also, I am not familiar with last yrs. distraction rules. I appreciate the fact you guys (the organizers) take this shit (the official rules) seriously, and am pleased that you plan on releasing a cheat sheet. Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Maximus

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Thank you for responding to my post with the quickness; I was worried that there would be no established rules (or at least a good outline) before the satellite tournament started. I believe your decision to go with 10 cup is wise, it will add legitimacy to the tournament, and the mandatory racks are key. If you could specify how much beer (and are you going to be allowed to play with water?) would be used that would be useful. Also, I am not familiar with last yrs. distraction rules. I appreciate the fact you guys (the organizers) take this shit (the official rules) seriously, and am pleased that you plan on releasing a cheat sheet. Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Maximus

At The WSOBP, each side will have two (2) beers (maybe a bit more, but it really depends on how often people will be playing). You will be able to play with water, and if the bar tenders think you are to inebriated to be served, you must either play with water or forfeit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook