(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

3 cup overtime clarification

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates 3 cup overtime clarification

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mikevit 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

phpistasty

in the rules it states that the dominant team picks who shoots first in 3 cup overtime. however, does this mean that in 3 cup OT we act as a new game where first shooters take 1 shot only, and other team picks up regular play. It seems there would be no benefit for allowing your opponent to shoot first, especially if you’re aces and feel you can hit 2 cups-balls back, and put them into instant 3 cup rebuttle. Please reply with experience from wsobp events or something semi-intelligent.

phpistasty

bump
    we need this clarified.

allstar1579

Whoever hit last cup first shoots both balls in OT.

phpistasty

It was the rules V.K.2, and V.K.3.b

"Successful redemption results in initiation of a 3-cup overtime, with the dominant team (the team which would have won had their opponents not redeemed), selecting possession."

which confused me.
    What would be the benefit of allowing the other team to shoot first, granted they can put you straight back into rebuttle with 3 hits.

pauls

There is no benefit, that is why it never happens.

jayrock2009

I am confused about a redemtion rule also…. If my team has 2 cups left to make, and the other has one, and they make the last cup on their second shot, do both me and my partner get a chance to shoot? If they have 3 cups left and we have two and they make all three cups on one turn, how many shots do we get in redemtion?

mikevit

I am confused about a redemtion rule also…. If my team has 2 cups left to make, and the other has one, and they make the last cup on their second shot, do both me and my partner get a chance to shoot? If they have 3 cups left and we have two and they make all three cups on one turn, how many shots do we get in redemtion?

In both cases you have to make your remaining cups without missing

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook