(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  corbinmartin14 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

cjmcka

forcing consumption is illegal. plus, places around the country are outlawing beer pong whether beer is in the cups or not because of problems with over-consumption. the only way to keep the game legal is to make it as legitimate and benign as possible.

joefish

Most of us don’t disregard "the beer part". A lot of people drink side drinks. No beer in the cups also makes the game more accessible to people who do not drink. Like it or not it is the only legitimate way to play pong in a public setting.

imunk0wn2u
    Does John Daly bitch about the other golfers not drinking beer or smoking cigarettes?

If it was tobacco golf or whiskey golf he would have grounds too, imo.

edit: In terms of liability, 1 beer / hour should remove liability given that the person could go and drive a car legally. It just makes me sad to see the Beer part of the game discarded so easily as if it were a plastic cup or a baby.

You can’t do 1 beer / hour because it depends on size. a 95 lb chick that never drinks before, if she drinks 3 beers, may very well become intoxicated. Now she has to drive? even if he BAC is .06 its still a DWAI and a dangerous situation. See the problem….? at a house party, sure have a blast. For a legitimate company and venue, why take the chance.

mikevit
    Does John Daly bitch about the other golfers not drinking beer or smoking cigarettes?

edit: In terms of liability, 1 beer / hour should remove liability given that the person could go and drive a car legally. It just makes me sad to see the Beer part of the game discarded so easily as if it were a plastic cup or a baby.

Please don’t mistake the "no required drinking" rule to mean people at tournaments do not drink. This is quite far from the truth. Pretty much everyone that participates gets hammered. I personally don’t care if the other team is drinking or not. As far as I’m concerned, it is their decision, and does not affect my ability to hit cups whatsoever. I’m sure there are plenty of people that will make arrangements with you on a game by game basis that you have to drink when cups are made.

As far as water in the cups in concerned, I think it simplifies things greatly. There is much less clean up for the person running the tournament. If I want to play a quick cash game, I can just go to an open table and start playing. No one has to wait 5 or 10 minutes to go get beer for the cups. And that isn’t even considering the sanitation issues that come from reusing cups for an entire tournament.

When it comes down to it people just need to accept that if they are going to play beer pong in a bar or major tournament, this is how it is going to be played.

cjazel

Sorry for being an ass about the John Daly comment, I thought it was funny but didn’t make my point as well as I could have. This is topic starting to sound a lot like the "lean" rule topic tho. For myself I like to keep a pretty even buzz on all tournament long – some prefer sober while others might like to get completely shit faced. It’s up to you to decide which is going to allow you to play at your best level – if that means not drinking so be it. That’s the point I was trying to make

streicher

Sorry for being an ass about the John Daly comment, I thought it was funny but didn’t make my point as well as I could have. This is topic starting to sound a lot like the "lean" rule topic tho. For myself I like to keep a pretty even buzz on all tournament long – some prefer sober while others might like to get completely shit faced. It’s up to you to decide which is going to allow you to play at your best level – if that means not drinking so be it. That’s the point I was trying to make

CJ posting drunk again. lol I like the Daly post though. lol

You legally can not force anyone to intoxicate themselves. Not even if its just one beer. If a bar is putting on a game and they force someone to drink even one beer, they will get their liquor license pulled in 2 seconds.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook