(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Airballs

This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  the727kid 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

drkeagle

Does anyone play the airball rule, where if a player throws at the cups and completely misses and goes over the cups and doesn’t touch/nick a cup, a player on the other team can catch the ball with ONE hand, the other team must drink a cup. We don’t play re-rack bullshit either, so it gets really interesting towrds the end. Also though, if a team only has 1 cup left on their side, they don’t have to worry about a airball penality since there’s only 1 cup left, that’s decided on a ball goin in and the rebuttle stipulations.

thewoof

Ya…a clean catch with one hand up until 1 cup…a lot of people hate it, but I like that it keeps pressure on the shooter

pandemonium2

WOW ive played an airball rule at a party once where if u shot and missed everything including the table you had to chug a beer before anything else in the game could go on haha

needless to say there were a few drunks there LMAO

cbass625

wow. never really played with an airball rule. might give it a try tonight and see how it goes

curth83

yea we play that but instead of drinking a beer or a cup, you have to take off a piece of clothing. the rule is only in effect when girls are on the table though…

pandemonium2

haha always a good rule when the ratio is good lol

dogoody

we play air ball, if it goes over the table and doesn’t touch anything then the shooter has to drink one of his own cups opposing team chooses the cup

dogoody

Does anyone play the airball rule, where if a player throws at the cups and completely misses and goes over the cups and doesn’t touch/nick a cup, a player on the other team can catch the ball with ONE hand, the other team must drink a cup. We don’t play re-rack bullshit either, so it gets really interesting towrds the end. Also though, if a team only has 1 cup left on their side, they don’t have to worry about a airball penality since there’s only 1 cup left, that’s decided on a ball goin in and the rebuttle stipulations.[/
    when we play with airball we play the same way it makes the games go by faster

i sometimes play if the first shooter misses the cups and table (he can hit the table and no cup) the other player gives up the ball

gb_bp_player

the airball rule is awesome and speeds up the game especially at parties with alot of teams waiting to play. The way we play you don’t even have to catch the ball. Its simple you throw a ball over and it touches nothing you drink a cup. We even play 1 v 1 games with one 12 oz beer on each side in a 4 cup diamond formation (usually these games are played between gentlemen for cash money) with the airball rule in effect. In my opinion its the best rule that usually isn’t played in alot of places.

range8

stupid rule.its like playing with wild cards in poker.retarded.

wianek

i have to agree that this rule is stupid. a miss is a miss, it shouldn’t matter if it’s an airball, if it rims out, or if it falls short.

if you want to speed the game up, you may as well play that if you miss a cup, you have to drink one of your own.

timmyd44

I also have to agree it’s a very dumb rule. Yet it really wouldn’t have an effect on me. I can’t remember the last time i didn’t hit a cup nor the table in a throw so lets use it and you will be the one hurting in the end….LOL!

gb_bp_player

It takes skill not to throw the ball over. People who think the airball is dumb have no skill and are afraid of the rule.

slowsen

this rule is dumb. if you shoot an inch long you air ball and get a penalty. If you shoot an inch short you hit the front of the cup with no penalty. This encourages people to be pussies. (i heard this in golf about putts and If golf people call each other pussies for coming up short then every sport should be able to)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook