(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Ball bounce off rack into cup – counts?

Home Page – Flat Forums The World Series of Beer Pong Ball bounce off rack into cup – counts?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

imunk0wn2u

I’m too lazy to look up to see if we ever got an official ruling on this and I didn’t see it in the rules which I skimmed for about .3 seconds:

if a ball bounces off the black plastic racks we will be using this year, and into a cup, does it count?
    I’m assuming yes, I see no reason not to, I just want to be sure.

clawless
    clawless

Yes, it does. The rack is on the table and therefor counts as a part of the table, as per the rules, and so any ball that bounces off of it into a cup is a made cup.

imunk0wn2u

Exactly as I figured, just wanted to be sure. Thank ya,.

dedafoe22

So if the ball bounces off the rack, as this is part of the table, can you grab/swat the ball or do you have to let it bounce as if it had bounced off the table and not a cup? I am going to assume that it can’t be touched unless it hits a cup, as the rack counts as part of the table surface and not part of the cup.

Grabbing
    The ball in play may be grabbed, however ONLY after it has already made contact with a cup, but not while the ball is in the cup. You may not grab before the ball has hit a cup.

imunk0wn2u

So if the ball bounces off the rack, as this is part of the table, can you grab/swat the ball or do you have to let it bounce as if it had bounced off the table and not a cup? I am going to assume that it can’t be touched unless it hits a cup, as the rack counts as part of the table surface and not part of the cup.

Grabbing
    The ball in play may be grabbed, however ONLY after it has already made contact with a cup, but not while the ball is in the cup. You may not grab before the ball has hit a cup.

i would asuume the same as you. Can’t be touched unless it hits a cup.

dwissbrun2

you can’t swat or grab a ball until it has made contact with a live cup (live = in the rack)

if the ball hits a dead cup, the plastic rack, your beer, the table, or anything else on the table you have to let it keep going until it has stopped, is clearly no longer capable of going into a cup, is off the table out of play, or has subsequently made contact with a live cup.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook