(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Bing Bong Vs. BJ’s table

Home Page – Flat Forums General Beer Pong Discussion Bing Bong Vs. BJ’s table

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bingbong5000 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

sweetgrl397

I know that binb bong is the official table of the WSOBP and all…but has anyone tried BJ’s beer bong table?..I’m torn between the two…Bing Bong is a little cheaper, a little smaller, and a lighter…but I hear it’s not as sturdy…BJ’s tables is a foot wider, has the raised grip surface for the cups, and is a little sturdier, but it’s a little more expensive. Customization is not na issue…Overall, which one would you prefer???

link

link

beeyore

Bing bong because of the fact its the table used for wsobp…but bj’s is a better table.

travis14

BJ’s tables suck because the raise grip panels start to come off very easy

mlayth

bjs is only like $20 cheaper and it doesn’t fold up as nicely, it’s still 4 feet long which can have problems fitting in a lot of trunks.

William Gaines
    Keymaster

It’s obvious that we have a relationship with Bing Bong, but the following thoughts are as unbiased as possible. I am just passing along what I have seen first hand.

First, I am fairly sure that Bing Bong had the first table of its kind – they were the first people to make a portable, lightweight, foldable table. Others have copied them. Whether BJ’s copied, I cannot say (there are other companies that I KNOW copied, but I am not sure about BJ’s). If BJ’s did copy Bing Bong tables, does it really matter? It would be shitty, but in the end, competition will only force both companies to fine-tune their products so that we all (the beer pong players) have better products in the end. I do believe that it could speak well for Bing Bong to have been around longer because they have learned some tricks at producing better tables. Of course, BJ’s could have seen Bing Bong’s tables and simply improved upon them – who knows?

Second, I, too was concerned about the stability of Bing Bong’s tables when we were talking about forming a relationship for The WSOBP last fall. They sent me a sample. I am very picky and will not settle for sub-par quality. Even though I could see how someone could question the stability of these tables (not really, though), these tables are fairly sturdy, especially if you consider that they fold down to a 2 foot by 2 foot by 8 inch box that weighs around 20 pounds. Having seen one, I could definitely see myself buying one (if I didn’t get the sample for free) – I always play on Bing Bong tables anyway since I am no longer in a house where I can devote an entire room to a more permanent pong table.

Third, I have not seen BJ’s tables. Although I am happy with what I have seen from Bing Bong, there is nothing that says I would not be happier with BJ’s tables. I have heard some negative things about BJ’s tables, but unless I see them in person, I will withhold any negative things I have overheard.

Fourth, I do know that Bing Bong has been shipping a new table since May or so. This table looks almost exactly the same – only those intimately familiar with both could tell the differences, and even one that knew the differences could probably walk right by the two and not know which was which without a moment to pause and study them. The new tables, despite looking the same, were changed to be sturdier and to improve upon some of the problems with the older model (such as the legs, which now slide in and out with ease).

Those are my thoughts.

mlayth

yeah the old model legs started going real downhill after a couple months of use, and was a pretty rickety table.

the new version is a lot better in those 2 aspects

sweetgrl397

Yea, I think after thinking about it and reading your posts…I’ll go with the Bing Bong table.
    Thanks for your opinions :)

doubled5150

I was checking out the bing bong 8 foot table and it had an Expected Restock 2006-10-10 under quanity. I was just wondering if it was on back order or can we just buy one in OCT when you guys have more?

William Gaines
    Keymaster

I was checking out the bing bong 8 foot table and it had an Expected Restock 2006-10-10 under quanity. I was just wondering if it was on back order or can we just buy one in OCT when you guys have more?

Yeah, Bing Bong just called me yesterday and said that they are out, so . . . all we can do is wait for them to get here. The production/delivery time is pretty long, but the restock order is under way. They will most likely get here before October, but we just wanted to play it safe with that date.

Right now, we are not taking backorders. Once we have a better idea of when they will be here, we’ll start taking backorders.

mlayth

[edit]

doubled5150

Yeah, Bing Bong just called me yesterday and said that they are out, so . . . all we can do is wait for them to get here. The production/delivery time is pretty long, but the restock order is under way. They will most likely get here before October, but we just wanted to play it safe with that date.

Right now, we are not taking backorders. Once we have a better idea of when they will be here, we’ll start taking backorders.

Thanks for the info

sweetgrl397

Well I actually recieved the table today…It’s pretty cool, I’m happy with it…Got the 8ft one…The only thing about it is the ball holder under the table…I though it was hard plastic or something and that’s what it looks like in the pics…It’s just a piece of styrofoam that’s carved and glued to the table…what’s up with that?!? It doesn’t look like it will be there long..maybe I can replace it with something else.

travis14

yeah i got mine a few months ago and i was like what the fuck is this shit.lol and it lasted about 3 days

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Interesting. I actually had similar thoughts about the ball holder, and I was on the verge of suggesting to Bing Bong not to include it. Just about that time, my sister (out of nowhere without me asking her opinion or anything) said, "I really like the ball holder." (And if there are any sexual jokes there, I’ll kill you.) Mine has held up really well, but then again, I’m not using it constantly. I just use it to store extra balls just in case we need them.

It really comes down to a cost issue. I have no idea what it cost to have that ball holder on there – probably a buck or two. To mold something better, however, that could potentially get somewhat expensive, and my guess would be that Bing Bong is trying to minimize the costs when it comes to stuff like the ball holder so they can focus on more important aspects – the legs, stability, etc.

doubled5150

Well I actually recieved the table today…It’s pretty cool, I’m happy with it…Got the 8ft one…The only thing about it is the ball holder under the table…I though it was hard plastic or something and that’s what it looks like in the pics…It’s just a piece of styrofoam that’s carved and glued to the table…what’s up with that?!? It doesn’t look like it will be there long..maybe I can replace it with something else.

Where did you buy the table from? I’m just asking, because I’m interested in getting one too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook