(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Bouncing Rule

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  William Gaines 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

j-ho

hey i was reading up on all the rules and reg. and i noticed it saying something about bouncing the ball…im still un-sure on if its legal at the wsobp or illegal????? any info. would be great!

William Gaines
    Keymaster

The basic rule is "let it ride," which means you can bounce. Note, however, it does not count as two cups. You can throw however you want, i.e., bounce or not, but a sunk cup is a sunk cup either way and nothing more.

beeyore

so bounces can be blocked or no???

duncan

Let it ride means you can’t blow or swat the ball, ie you can’t swat bounce shots or interfere with any shot until it’s clear that it is not going in the cup.

pandemonium2

so im taking it that when the first person who shoots makes a cup you pull it and reform if necessary?? Does the second person have to wait till its pulled or can they quick shoot at that made cup?

Basically wondering if you can or what happens if you both players make it in the same cup??

travis14

so im taking it that when the first person who shoots makes a cup you pull it and reform if necessary?? Does the second person have to wait till its pulled or can they quick shoot at that made cup?

Basically wondering if you can or what happens if you both players make it in the same cup??

from what i gathered so far from what they have been saying it doesnt matter if you make it in the same cup because that cup has already been hit so it doesnt help you out at all so basically the way it sounds is that your second shot would be a wasted shot if it goes in the same cup

pandemonium2

ahhhhhh alright thanks alot man ya it makes sense to me just trying to figure out all the rules

two more questions tho real quick

1. do they re-group in the middle of a turn??

2. can someone explain how the rebuttles go again??

travis14

ok as far as i know you get a re-rack in the middle of a turn because that is what i saw last year on the videos. i didnt go last year and i dont want to tell you wrong. im just going off what i think i know.. and if it is last years rules you get a re rack at 4-3-2-1 and you can get it whenever you want… and from what i have been told the first 2 days were once the last cup is made the game is over and in the final day you would get a rebuttle if you only have 2 cups left because you both have to make each cup to send it to overtime.. but that is just what i have heard so you might want to ask billy or duncan to be %100 sure

pandemonium2

oh ok i see now, so if the team im playin against makes the last cup and me and my partner both make the last two of our cups then what happens?? do they do the restart with 3 cups or what??

William Gaines
    Keymaster

I think all of travis14′s answers have been correct.

Regarding rebuttles, we have not set that for sure yet. Last year, we had rebuttles only during finals. During prelims, it was sudden death, i.e., the first team with no cups left lost with no chance to shoot again. We love overtime (it’s my favorite part of the game), but when we were moving through so many games per hour during prelims, we had to keep the games moving.

We are still debating this issue. I think it’s pretty safe to say that there will be rebuttles/overtime in finals, but we have not yet finalized how prelims will be handled.

travis14

I think all of travis14′s answers have been correct.

Regarding rebuttles, we have not set that for sure yet. Last year, we had rebuttles only during finals. During prelims, it was sudden death, i.e., the first team with no cups left lost with no chance to shoot again. We love overtime (it’s my favorite part of the game), but when we were moving through so many games per hour during prelims, we had to keep the games moving.

We are still debating this issue. I think it’s pretty safe to say that there will be rebuttles/overtime in finals, but we have not yet finalized how prelims will be handled.

i think there should defintly be rebuttles in the first couple days to be honest with you because i dont think its going to take much longer then you think it will take. i mean i cant see a game lasting any longer then 8-10 minutes with overtime especially if its 6 cup

William Gaines
    Keymaster

i think there should defintly be rebuttles in the first couple days to be honest with you because i dont think its going to take much longer then you think it will take. i mean i cant see a game lasting any longer then 8-10 minutes with overtime especially if its 6 cup

These observations are based on last year – some games lasted up to a half an hour (maybe even more, I’m guessing here) when we allowed overtime games because they kept going into one overtime after another.

mlayth

Have you considered making the third overtime sudden death in the prelims?

Most people won’t get that far anyway, so we can still have our overtimes and the few stragglers won’t be able to hold anyone up.

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Have you considered making the third overtime sudden death in the prelims?

Most people won’t get that far anyway, so we can still have our overtimes and the few stragglers won’t be able to hold anyone up.

Yep, we’ve definitely considered it. The other thing we’ve considered is putting a time limit on it (maybe even exceeding the 20 minutes we are allowing for games, as long as that does not get out of hand). I have a few other ideas that I’m throwing around, too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook