(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

CANADA TOURNAMENTS?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  gtitan21 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author

cherks

Hey, I am 19 years old and from Alberta, Canada and me and my partner have been playing for like 4 years now and organize a tourny in our home town with about 16 teams and 2 kegs every year but we want some real tournament action.

I know we have to wait until we are 21 to start hitting the states which we will be doing forsure but it would be cool to have some tournaments up in Canada for now. 21 is just to far away.

Anyone know of any coming?

cc91

Yo wuttup man…its good to see canada stickin its head out. Were from montreal and we do tournies down here, i know its pretty fucken far but come out this way!

Theres no bar around alberta that you could try n host a tourny at?? I would mind doin a Canadian beer pong tour…id love to see if there is any competition in the rest of Canada…do u kno if there are any legal issues wit pong in bars in AB? Like is it cool if u play wit beer or do u have to play with water??

cc91

By the way…plz post if u play anywhere in Canada…im just curious to see if pong is big anywhere….cuz we got nothin compared to the numbers the US has

fdpiedim

Hey, I am 19 years old and from Alberta, Canada and me and my partner have been playing for like 4 years now and organize a tourny in our home town with about 16 teams and 2 kegs every year but we want some real tournament action.

I know we have to wait until we are 21 to start hitting the states which we will be doing forsure but it would be cool to have some tournaments up in Canada for now. 21 is just to far away.

Anyone know of any coming?

Hey what up man! Im from Alberta too. Been playing pong for about a year now.

I agree there is shit all for tournies in Alberta. We need to get something going in Alberta, or anywhere in Canada.

I think someone should get a huge annual tournament going during the Stampede in Calgary. It would be sweet. I think it could be a huge success!

harps44

We are from Calgary and have competed in the past 2 WSOBP’s. Last year we brought about 12 of us (6 teams) to Vegas to compete. Good crew for sure. We held 2 satelites in Calgary last year, and a 3rd in Montana, all at bars, Not sure how this year is shaping yet, but there is definitely a lot of competitive pong players in Alberta, and the rest of Canada.

cc91

I meant to go to the past two WSOBPs but i will finally be making it out this year. Our buddies from Montreal went last year (the Quebec World Class Ballers), dont know if you met up wit them or anytin, but Montreal should have 2-3 teams showing up this year so i cant wait to meet up wit other Canadian players.

Is pong big though in the prairies? Cuz Calgary is the only other place that i kno is playing pong on a competitive level. Its slowly getting bigger here in Montreal, but most of our players r 18-19, so they cant make it out to the US just yet

cherks

Hey thanks for the responses guys!

I will definately have to look into Montreal cause I would not be against takin alittle vacation to play some Beer Pong.
    haha
    I have heard about Calgary having some tournaments in the past but nothing this year or else we would drive up forsure. And I totally agree with the Stampede suggestion. That would definately be a huge success.

It would be cool if the Canadian Satellite Tournaments could give away a prize to under 21 players a trip to the WSOBP for the year they turn 21 in theevent that someone under 21 wins.

arrigo

I meant to go to the past two WSOBPs but i will finally be making it out this year. Our buddies from Montreal went last year (the Quebec World Class Ballers), dont know if you met up wit them or anytin, but Montreal should have 2-3 teams showing up this year so i cant wait to meet up wit other Canadian players.

Is pong big though in the prairies? Cuz Calgary is the only other place that i kno is playing pong on a competitive level. Its slowly getting bigger here in Montreal, but most of our players r 18-19, so they cant make it out to the US just yet

PPA, I’m from down in Plattsburgh. I’m good friends with Steve, Barry, and James who you won the Sattelite with in Hotshots. Whats good with Montreal Tournaments? I want to go up there and play. Send me some info maybe we can team up there

Paul im telling ya, do up a Montreal satellite this winter, how could it not fill up with all the 18+ allowed in bars.

cc91

James and my partner Chris ended up winning the satellite…aka Canadian Mafia. Were supposed to be starting up our first legit league in couple weeks, so were just waiting to see what the turnout will be before setting up satellite….but we will definitly be having tournies once again.

Like january – june we were doin regular tournies without a league and had 26 teams showing up….but then it died down a bit….so were gonna try to bring the hype back before setting up tournies…but well keep u guys posted for sure.

Arrigo, do u guys have tournies goin on in Plattsburg at all? Cuz like u kno its like a 45 min drive (depending on customs) and we were goin to go to the WBPT satellite in like May or wtv but it got cancelled….likewise keep us posted if anything is goin on in ur area.

cc91

and jones….we have a problem with the Elbowrule up here. Since canadians are not up to speed with pong…everyone that plays for fun thinks u HAVE to play wit elbowrule….we have a fucken bar right next to a university dorm thats been playin pong just for fun on crappy 6 ft tables for the past years….and all the ppl that play there obviously play elbow….

i wish it would just die….D.O.E.!

arrigo

[

There are no Tournaments yet. I'm trying to convince bars though to have a weekly tournament as long as it can be profitable for them. Well if u know of any tournaments in Canada or whatever please let me know. I'm gonna be running the WPT event this time around when Sam talks to the Green Room but that's probbaly not going to be for a while.

Jones, How about you man? are there any tournaments by your area at all. I don't know if u rememeber but we've played a bunch of times at Thirsty turtle in White plains.

cc91

Welll definitly do WSOBP n WBPT sattys here….just like i said we gonna get our league up 1st….but in the next month or so well prolly have something goin on here

Yea i remember you Chris, I’m up in Watertown no pong or any prospective places to pong around here, theres random satelites popping up around syracuse but nothing regular. That be sick if u get a wpt satty goin up there i’ll take the trip for the easy win

arrigo

Yea i remember you Chris, I’m up in Watertown no pong or any prospective places to pong around here, theres random satelites popping up around syracuse but nothing regular. That be sick if u get a wpt satty goin up there i’ll take the trip for the easy win

Iight sounds good man

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook