(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Cause for concern??

This topic contains 30 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  pandemonium2 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author

cc91

I know someone brought this up before about the # of teams, and i mean now were 3.5 weeks away and at the moment we only have 250 teams signed up. I dont see the number of teams going up this year from the previous…..thoughts??

drellis123

I know someone brought this up before about the # of teams, and i mean now were 3.5 weeks away and at the moment we only have 250 teams signed up. I dont see the number of teams going up this year from the previous…..thoughts??

I thought you died? Haven’t heard from you all year…..

dedafoe22

With only 1 day left to sign up there is a really low number of teams it seems. I imagine they will extend the deadline again as they have before, but I just dont know if there is going ot be the same kind of turnout. Maybe some people are holdin out for a last second deal or something but I just dont see a great turnout this year…..kind of sad

sfoster

i think in the early days, you could get away with offering a huge grand prize, and only a tiny payout to the rest of the teams.

It worked because everyone thought they had a chance to win.
    Now maybe I am jaded bc I’m just not a very good player, but I feel like that the perception has changed.

Spending like $1,000 to play, practicing forever, and coming in 7th place only to lose money is demoralizing. Why keep putting yourself through it?

Forget about having a chance to win money, I don’t feel like I even have a chance to break even.
    There are too many people that are too good these days, it sucks.

I’ll probably be there.. but only bc i’m playing with someone who has won it twice before and hopefully he can carry me. Otherwise I would just give up and stop coming.

Lets face it, two years in a row now I haven’t even won a satellite. If I can’t do that how am I suppose to win the real thing?

but it would be different if i knew i could come close to the top and still walk away with money

skinny

My guess is that none of you actually looked at that number last year at this time. That number represents the total number of *completed* teams. There’s an obnoxious number of people that are signed up but haven’t yet completed their teams.

imunk0wn2u

My guess is that none of you actually looked at that number last year at this time. That number represents the total number of *completed* teams. There’s an obnoxious number of people that are signed up but haven’t yet completed their teams.

Love that you guys have the ability to delete posts.

strider

yeah im going to agree with skinny here and assume you guys didnt look at the number of teams signed up last year at the first deadline because if i remember right it was about 230ish…

mikevit

If you guys have actually been looking at the sign ups, you would have noticed that about 100 teams have signed up within the last week.

This happens every year. IDK why it is so surprising to everyone.

cc91

I was watching it last year as well, I dont remember what the number was on dec 9 2010, but we must have been around the same number if not higher. My point is it seems like its plateau-ing right now and I mean I dont see the pending teams like you do skinny, but I dont see us breaking last yrs number of 507. Hopefully im proved wrong.

Also…..hi Dane, yes i am alive still for now :party:

skinny

At this point, I would not expect to break that number by much, if at all. Yeah, things kindof did plateau this year. However, that’s going to change drastically on January 2nd. We almost never say things like this (because people always say shit like this and then never follow through), but we are launching a number of MAJOR new projects at WSOBP VII that we think will create a lot more growth. I obviously can’t say what these things are, but they’re big, I promise.

gravycakes

I like those words skinny. Big, growth. Makes me get one in the pants.

p.s. when can we sign up for the intl tournament.

hendo34

I’m paying at the door…:cof:

skinny

I like those words skinny. Big, growth. Makes me get one in the pants..

Are you sure thats not from visiting the website of your sponsor?

We’re still locking down a venue for the international tournament. Our pricing will be dependent upon whether or not we can get a reasonable deal on beer.

cc91

Hopefully something is done to keep this shit growing.

Food for thought: I dont think this is an issue about perception anymore, im not quite sure what the problem is. But if it is with regards to the perception of the way we play why dont we bump up the tables to 9 ft and keep the game played the same way? After i trashed my table in AC this yr and Byron didnt want to bring his 9fter back to cali ive been playin on it and i put the tape line on the table 1 ft from each end to keep the gameplay at 8ft. Theres no bumping of cups, you can even have your beer right in front of you and this avoids ppl from leanin over the table to grab there beer coincidentally as you shoot.

The biggest problem would be in revamping everyones equipment to 9ft. As much as u all hate it…pongbar was the answer to perception of the game. But I think 9ft tables with the tape line ON the table is a nice clean solution.

-CC91

stookin

don’t fix it if it isn’t broke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook