(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

crossing the plane

This topic contains 21 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  jeffbarnes 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

jerseyjoe

this came up a little while ago…Team A has possesion of both balls, and it’s their shot, however instead of shooting they take a few practice shots so to say without the ball in their shooting hand, Team B on defense blocks their view of the cups until the shooter of Team A places the ball in their shooting hand. Would this be a in violation of the no crossing the plane rule while the other team is shooting this seems like a grey area since although it’s their posession they aren’t actually shooting the ball

clawless
    clawless

"While the other team is shooting" just means when it is their turn. You may not cross the plane for distraction purposes at any point during their turn. It doesn’t matter if they have the ball in their hand or not, you cannot cross the plane of the table to distract.

What a joke, trying to enforce crossing the plane is no different than trying to enforce the elbow rule.

clawless
    clawless

What a joke, trying to enforce crossing the plane is no different than trying to enforce the elbow rule.

Even you have to agree that the situation he described is bullshit, Jones. You shouldn’t be able to obscure the cups during your opponents shot.

strider

wow yet again another loop hole the east is trying to exploit that will probably never be a problem on the west coast… if your team has shot its last shot of that turn you are done for that turn which means its the next teams turn so you need to keep your shit talking ass behind the damn table… how hard are these rules to follow, really?

mikevit

wow yet again another loop hole the east is trying to exploit that will probably never be a problem on the west coast… if your team has shot its last shot of that turn you are done for that turn which means its the next teams turn so you need to keep your shit talking ass behind the damn table… how hard are these rules to follow, really?

I think it is just because things are just so far and away more competitive on the East Coast, people try to find different ways to gain an edge. Where ever there is a boundary, people will always be trying to push it.

cc91

I think it is just because things are just so far and away more competitive on the East Coast, people try to find different ways to gain an edge. Where ever there is a boundary, people will always be trying to push it.

The line is a non-sequitar….

Seriously everyone is so SOFT nowadays, always crying about rules and about everything…Its BEER PONG and were playing for 50K….DO whatever the fuck you want over the cups on top of the cups under the cups, who gives a shit if its bothering you that much then don’t play…I’m there to win and will do what it takes to win and it obviously works since everyone gets so worked up over the gayest shit…CRY ABOUT IT

skinny

>Seriously everyone is so SOFT nowadays, always crying about rules and about everything…Its >BEER PONG and were playing for 50K….DO whatever the fuck you want over the cups on top of the >cups under the cups, who gives a shit if its bothering you that much then don’t play…I’m there to >win and will do what it takes to win and it obviously works since everyone gets so worked up over >the gayest shit…CRY ABOUT IT

In a nutshell, this is the heart of everything wrong with beer pong. Who cares about the rules? Who cares about sportsmanship? Here’s the answer: Everyone outside of a select few of you who are intent on ruining the game. You want to know why turnout is down? Because most people like to HAVE FUN when they play. This involves respecting your opponent, and respecting the game. If you think players are going to get away with cheating this year, you’re dead wrong.

>Seriously everyone is so SOFT nowadays, always crying about rules and about everything…Its >BEER PONG and were playing for 50K….DO whatever the fuck you want over the cups on top of the >cups under the cups, who gives a shit if its bothering you that much then don’t play…I’m there to >win and will do what it takes to win and it obviously works since everyone gets so worked up over >the gayest shit…CRY ABOUT IT

In a nutshell, this is the heart of everything wrong with beer pong. Who cares about the rules? Who cares about sportsmanship? Here’s the answer: Everyone outside of a select few of you who are intent on ruining the game. You want to know why turnout is down? Because most people like to HAVE FUN when they play. This involves respecting your opponent, and respecting the game. If you think players are going to get away with cheating this year, you’re dead wrong.

BYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE

clawless
    clawless

I’m not really sure who is getting worked up here. The OP asked a question regarding the rules, and we answered. That was the end of it, lol. The rules state you can’t cross the plane during their shot. That’s the end of it. Of course, the organizer in question can choose which ruleset he or she wants to use for their tournament, but if it’s the beerpong.com ruleset, that’s the ruling.

strider

BYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE

ohh happy day jones is gone! :)

Also saying the reason the east is always trying to weasel their way around the rules is because they are more competitive is about the dumbest thing i have ever heard… stop justifying the bullshit.

imunk0wn2u

I’m not really sure who is getting worked up here. The OP asked a question regarding the rules, and we answered. That was the end of it, lol. The rules state you can’t cross the plane during their shot. That’s the end of it. Of course, the organizer in question can choose which ruleset he or she wants to use for their tournament, but if it’s the beerpong.com ruleset, that’s the ruling.

You’re not reading your buddy Strider’s post then. All OP was asking was for a rule clarification. It’s better we know now then on day 3 right? But because he’s from the east coast it’s suddenly "Oh East Coast trying to find loop holes blah blah blah". Shut the fuck up, seriously. Bunch of cry babies. Stop worrying about the east coast and worry about stepping your own game up.

imunk0wn2u

There are obviously 2 styles of play. That’s just the way it is. EC and WC play differently just like someone from New York talks differently than someone from Alabama. It’s a difference in culture. We play like that over here, and nobody ever bitched or cried about it. You guys obviously don’t do that over there. It’s something we learned we can’t do at the next WS. We’re all over it, it’s probably about time you get over it too.

I guess obviously your goal is to cater to the recreational player, the player who isn’t there to win the 50K but there more for the "experience" and the "fun"..Yea I get it …Cool that’s great and all and puts more $ in your pocket at the end of the day..But sorry I’m there for a competition to win $50 Grand, and so are all of your loyal followers, Trust me i’m all about having fun and respecting players and respecting the given rules in place I’m all for that, and am in no WAY whatsoever condoning cheating of any kind …But when you TARGET a select few to specifically enforce the rules upon don’t you find that a little bias? Well of course not because you’ll come back and say you guys were the only one breaking the rules……..So I also guess it was our fault attendance was down now too? not because your prices are too high, there no flight deals, lots of ppl on unemployment, restriction after restriction at every tourney..no its because b/c ppl aren’t respecting the rules? I HIGHLY doubt that’s the reason attendance was down…Let’s see how much attendance booms this year now with Refs at every table…& Believe me I want attendance to boom, so when I raise that check next year hopefully it’s more than 50k! LFG

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook