(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Distance Standardization

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Distance Standardization

This topic contains 38 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  strider 5 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

dwissbrun2

Yup, you’re right about that. I just always make sure I arrive early to get my buzz and get 3 or 4 games in to get used to it.

def the way to approach it.

wianek

MY FAULT lmao

im in class and read it way too fast haha

i didnt see the part where u talked about the 3 inches haha damn i suck…..

which tourneys are you playing in??

-Lester-

I’m pretty sure your original reasoning was correct… If you want to shoot from 8.5ft away, you need to draw a line 6 inches behind a WS table.

10jsuted

Ok, haha. I think his original thnking of a 9 inch line behind each side is correct. If you take their 7.5ft table and put a 12 inch line behind each side that makes the two lines 9.5ft apart.

So if you take a WSOBP table which is 8ft. YOu would need to put a line 9 inches from both sides to make the lines 9.5ft apart. SO i am pretty sure that he was right originally

vesticlesp

Isn’t this some shit. How many pong players does it take to figure this out.

I’m kind of thinking I was wrong initially. I think if it’s a 7.5 foot table with a 12 inch line, you are standing 8.5 ft away from the end of the table, so for an 8 footer, a 6 inch line should be correct.

Jesus, I feel like I was just partying with Michael Phelps.

10jsuted

You are right, thought too much about it haha.

wianek

The 6 inches is definitely correct. You need to shoot 8.5ft.

Using the 7.5′ + 2*12" = 9.5′ logic is incorrect since you are not shooting over the entire 9.5ft.

GSP

Ok, haha. I think his original thnking of a 9 inch line behind each side is correct. If you take their 7.5ft table and put a 12 inch line behind each side that makes the two lines 9.5ft apart.

So if you take a WSOBP table which is 8ft. YOu would need to put a line 9 inches from both sides to make the lines 9.5ft apart. SO i am pretty sure that he was right originally

fact: they measure 12 inches back from a 7.5ft table
    if a table is 7.5 feet long, and you measure 12 inches back, it becomes 8.5 feet
    if a table is 8ft long, and you measure 6 inches back, it becomes 8.5 feet

vesticlesp

in any event- it would be nice to have a standard distance. I have a feeling it might happen some time soon…

imunk0wn2u

Word on the street is they are attempting to get 8ft tables for the actual $25k tournament itself.

I will be running satellites for this and all I have are 8ft tables so thats what we are going on. 8ft with leaning.

I will also be running a satellite at the Thirsty Turtle, Baker, and the rules won’t be that gay no worries.

vesticlesp

Word on the street is they are attempting to get 8ft tables for the actual $25k tournament itself.

I will be running satellites for this and all I have are 8ft tables so thats what we are going on. 8ft with leaning.

I will also be running a satellite at the Thirsty Turtle, Baker, and the rules won’t be that gay no worries.

yea I just heard that as well.

you have a site or something with all the satellites you’re doing? or just posting them here?

GSP

think about this……if a table was 8.5 feet long there would be no need for a foul line and it would be 8.5 feet from table end to table end

i love this beer pong riddle LOL

GSP

the truth of the matter is……it may be 9.5 ft from line to line, but when u subtract ur opponents 12 inches (cuz your not shooting on those inches) its 8.5ft…….on an 8ft table it may be 9ft from line to line, but when u subtract ur opponents 6inches (cuz ur not shooting on those inches) its 8.5ft.

vesticlesp

yes, it’s definitely 8.5 or a 6 inch line behind a BPong table.

imunk0wn2u

yea I just heard that as well.

you have a site or something with all the satellites you’re doing? or just posting them here?

My new site will be up shortly but the 2 I have set for right now are

Sat, April 4th – The Thirsty Turtle, White Plains 2pm signups, 3pm start

Sun, April 19th – Village Pourhouse, NYC 2pm signups, 3pm start

jeffbarnes

i may be wrong….but im wondering where you got the 9inches from??

Story of your life, huh Lester? :ir:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook