(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Double Bag/Tap

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Double Bag/Tap

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  joefish 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

dwissbrun2

so having played a lot of WPT rules this year leading up to AC, and obviously in AC, i came to appreciate the “double tap” or “double bag” rule.

personally i’d like to see it added to the WSOBP Official Rules. Here’s how i would do it.

You can double bag in regulation and in overtime.

Unlike WPT rules, if you’re entitled to the 3rd ball back then you should get it and be able to hit the double bag. ie – you have two cups left to hit, both you & your partner hit cups, thus you get one back and either of you can go for the bag.

In overtime, same thing.

If in rebuttal, you should have to alternate throwers, even for the double bag.

thoughts??? scenarios that could be a problem???

grac112

if it aint broke dont try to fix it!!!!

I agree, it would be a great addition to bpong rules.

On that note why cant universal rules exist? The best of BPong and WBPT combined.

-2 racks of choosing 6 4 3 2
    -double bag
    -bpong rebuttle rules

just saying it be nice to have a universol standard.

-Jones

gshunt

I agree, it would be a great addition to bpong rules.

On that note why cant universal rules exist? The best of BPong and WBPT combined.

-2 racks of choosing 6 4 3 2
    -double bag
    -bpong rebuttle rules

just saying it be nice to have a universol standard.

-Jones

I would also agree with the if it isn’t broke don’t fix it line. Also, the 2 racks of 6 4 3 2 I feel is a terrible rule, why make the game even easier for teams when plenty of players are already shooting an absurdly high percentage? I understand it adds strategy to an extent, I just don’t feel that it outweighs the fact that oftentimes games can be easier to finish.

skinny

It has been our goal from the beginning to create a ruleset that is the standard for competitive beer pong. If there are changes that people want, then we are absolutely open to them, as long as we view the as reasonable. If the double-bag is something that a majority of people want, then we will most certainly consider it.

We certainly cannot force other organizations to use our rules. That said, I think that most people do use our rules because they understand the logic behind them and agree that they are the most sensible for competitive play. I absolutely agree that there should be one and only set of rules for competitive beer pong, as this will help standardize the game, and make it easier for competitive beer pong to spread. We are always willing to continue crafting our rules in a way that appeases the beer pong community, maintains the original vision and goal of our rules, and makes logical sense.

That said, I can promise you that I will never think that individual shoot-till-you-miss makes sense :)

dwissbrun2

That said, I think that most people do use our rules because they understand the logic behind them and agree that they are the most sensible for competitive play.

That said, I can promise you that I will never think that individual shoot-till-you-miss makes sense :)

i still think the bpong rules are the by far the best, and most well thought out. one of the problems with the wpt rules is that there are scenarios for which they do not address. the bpong rules have evolved over many years & thus we have a very comprehensive set.

i think double bag would be an awesome compliment to those rules. other than that i think they’re perfect. even without double bag, they’re perfect.

while shoot to you miss is great when you’re the ones rebutting… overall i think it makes things too easy for the best players. even a spank like me was throwing out 3-4 cup rebuttals in AC, lol

GSP

Universal Rules would be the best thing for competive beer pong.

WBPT…. get rid of shoot till you miss
    BPONG….add double bag

let’s all live in beer pong harmony

as for racks, I personally like automatic 6 & 3, but i see the appeal in 2 racks of ur choosing…..so IDK on that.

cjmcka

Also, the 2 racks of 6 4 3 2 I feel is a terrible rule, why make the game even easier for teams when plenty of players are already shooting an absurdly high percentage? I understand it adds strategy to an extent, I just don’t feel that it outweighs the fact that oftentimes games can be easier to finish.

I don’t know if I agree that the 2 racks at 6 4 3 2 necessarily makes the game easier. I think you could just as easily make an argument for auto-racks in the middle of a turn making the game easier. I’ve always believed that the mid-turn rack improves the chances of the second shooter getting the bring-back. I would think the increase in bring-backs caused by the auto-rack outweighs the advantage you would get by choosing your rack.

Just a thought. I still prefer the auto-racks because they make games go faster.

I’ll agree the auto racks make things easier. However I see many instances that from the 10 and 6 rack on, pongers chucking it anywhere just to get that auto 6 or 3 rack. Whereas WPT the cups you aim for and hit create a stategic snerorio that can make or break you, better for competitive pong IMO

joefish

Yea the choice in racks does seem to bring out some strategy or at least a little more variety to the game… But it definitely makes things easier when you hit slop cups, being able to rerack to fix your mistakes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook