(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Edging

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

ahearn

This issue with edging came up at BoTE and I wanted to clarify or at least the rule explicitly stated. Under the Official Rules the following is posted:

“Players may not edge themselves around the table when they throw.”

Now, there is nothing listed about your leaning foot being on the outside of the bar of the table.

Ive seen players shooting like this in the past and leaning forward while shooting moving themselves around the edge of the table to get the advantage of being closer. This seems like the reason this rule was put in place. However, for the last year or two, I have been shooting with my lean foot touching the outside of the table bar. My entire body, other than my foot stays behind the table and I have no forward motion with my body, I just fall backwards.

Under the current rule this shot seems legal because nothing is being edged around the table with that shot. Can I get some clarification? And if you are going to say that your shooting foot must be inside the table leg, can you please add this to the rules?

topsecret

I would like to hear some clarity on this to.

Now If your foot is on the outside. and you are behind the plain of the table before you shoot i know this is ok. But when you shoot your body edges past the line, during your shot. Is this an illegal shot? basically starting postion is ok but is forward progress allowed?

Not saying this is my shot, but i see a lot of people do this. And i cant question it because after the lean a little past the plain they sit back into original position.

Legal or Not?

stevendwang

People actually complain about this? I’d laff. People get too serious with thesome of these rules… Let whoever, do whatever, could care-a-less if it’s six foot, and Goliath touching the head cup when he shoots. Just don’t cross the center of the table, and play better then your opponent. The only rule that needs clarity, is when a rerack is occuring and someone spills a cup. When I went out to L.I. people were bugging and fighting about it the whole night… LISTEN, It’s not a cup, it’s a rack and you set the cup back up filling it appropiately with water. During the rerack phase you can knock every cup off the table, and it dosen’t matter because the rerack phase isn’t a play phase. So rerack em and lets go! Anyway, edging is whatever, as long as your leg isn’t crossing the back plane of the table, I think its exceptable. Some people wanna stand further outside the width of the table, that is completely fine.

why u deleting my pongbar comment? its not trolling, im serious

ahearn

bump, still looking for an answer from B/D/S

skinny

I agree that this rule needs clarification, but I haven’t had time to really think about it or discuss it with b/d.

My instinct is to write a rule with the following concept:

At the exact height of the table, your body must be behind the plane formed by the back of the table. So, your leg can do whatever it wants: be on the outside of the legs, whatever. If you are behind the table (i.e. not edging), you are clearly satisfying this requirement. If you move towards the side, you can not edge yourself around the table, because then a part of your body would be in front of the back plane at the exact height where the table is. I don’t feel like this will cause disputes, since it will only be an issue for people that are specifically trying to get around this rule, so it will be obvious when they do it.

What do you think?

ahearn

Sounds good to me. As long as your body stays behind the table at the height of the table, there shouldnt be any issues. You pretty much summed it up.

I agree that this rule needs clarification, but I haven’t had time to really think about it or discuss it with b/d.

At the exact height of the table, your body must be behind the plane formed by the back of the table. So, your leg can do whatever it wants: be on the outside of the legs, whatever. If you are behind the table (i.e. not edging), you are clearly satisfying this requirement. If you move towards the side, you can not edge yourself around the table, because then a part of your body would be in front of the back plane at the exact height where the table is. I don’t feel like this will cause disputes, since it will only be an issue for people that are specifically trying to get around this rule, so it will be obvious when they do it.

What do you think?

I think some sort of physical barrier would solve this problem

GSP

BOOM, problem solved

BOOM, problem solved

close but im talking about the real deal

GSP
    BOOM, problem solved

Jones pongbar < Pongbar 2.0

No edging around the 2.0

BOOM, problem solved

Jones pongbar < Pongbar 2.0

No edging around the 2.0

You fucking kidding me son?! U can’t reinvent the wheel, edging isnt an issue pongbar needs to adress. Edging isn’t an issue on a normal bpong table. Who the fuck cares if fat pat edges, he’s too leany anyways and will still miss.

Don’t u dare call ur shit pongbar 2.0 I’ll sue the shit out of you. I’m currently on revision 3 of the pongbar. I have 3 DOE top 10 players sponsored by pongbar. If I see ur shit in AC I’ll karate kick that shit in half

GSP

WWMJD :think:………"yawn"

dwissbrun2

What do you think?

concept is good. just spend some time working out the wording

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook