(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Elbow Rule Old School

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Elbow Rule Old School

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  drunkenbear 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

juzam139

Ok so tonight in just messin around in shootin around, I went back to my roots. Here in Delaware (and I’m sure in most places) everyone started out with something close to the elbow rule. Well I played a couple of games like this and didn’t think I was that bad… for a party game. For a tournament game, I would’ve been shut out probably, lol. But it was still neat to see what I can still do given that one stipulation. Anyone else try this just for fun? I know it’ll fuck with your shot if you try it too often, but a game here and there isnt’ too bad. Ah the good ole days.

unfortuntely some organized tournies still use elbow rule. you make it to the finals, have all the locals takin shit calling fake elbows, and a fat girl in a referee outfit telling you your shot wont count when your clearly standing 2 ft back form the table edge. all elbow rule does is it causes shit by those who hate on ur pong skillz. D.O.E.

-Jones

bizness

unfortuntely some organized tournies still use elbow rule. you make it to the finals, have all the locals takin shit calling fake elbows, and a fat girl in a referee outfit telling you your shot wont count when your clearly standing 2 ft back form the table edge. all elbow rule does is it causes shit by those who hate on ur pong skillz. D.O.E.

-Jones

There’s still a couple bars around NY that still rock the elbow rule for tourney play and its supergay and starts tons of arguments.. Death Of Elbowrule…..moment of silence

pandemonium2

yeup see ya later bye to that rule…..

-Lester-

dwissbrun2

had a couple hot chicks that swore they could beat us if we played by the "wrist" rule (variation of the elbow rule). they also had a rack they referred to as the martini rack. still beat them by 5 or 6 cups.

i did ok, but hit a ton of lucky shots. my partner struggled. pretty sure we would blow nuts in an elbow rule game against people who were used to it.

i hate playing with the elbow rule im in Chicago( South Suburbs) and it seems like everyone plays the elbow rule i like playing the no lean rule it keeps it fair especially if the opponent is like 6′ 4" D.O.E.R.

cc91

The one question im gonna ask….whose gonna start making "Death of Elbow Rule" t-shirts…

the WSOBP should have names like UFC events….make WSOBP V – "Death of Elbow Rule"

The one question im gonna ask….whose gonna start making "Death of Elbow Rule" t-shirts…

the WSOBP should have names like UFC events….make WSOBP V – "Death of Elbow Rule"

already ahead of u on the shirts however its refered to as D.O.E. its derived from Jay Z’s D.O.A. death of autotune

-Jones

bizness

already ahead of u on the shirts however its refered to as D.O.E. its derived from Jay Z’s D.O.A. death of autotune

-Jones

Jones is right.. It’s a movement. D.O.E. I’m going to have my shirt made right now.

cc91

-Jones

My bad, i was just goin by what the guy before me wrote……yo if u actually make shirts bring them when you come play in glens falls! I want an RIP date also!

bizness

For all facebook users, please join the D.O.E. movement, just started up today and will be getting many many followers!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/DOE-Death-of-Elbow-Rule/114780059050?ref=nf#/pages/DOE-Death-of-Elbow-Rule/114780059050?ref=nf

Also, the first D.O.E. shirt has hit the press, I just ordered mine:

http://www.customink.com/designs/deathofelb/13750619-2935431/hotlink?cm_ven=hotlink&cm_cat=2&cm_pla=Body_txt&cm_ite=design

Death Of Elbowrule……….moment of silence.

the727kid

To each their own, if I lean over the table my shot is fucked. I have to stand up right and 2-3 feet off the table for my shoot to be consistent.

mikevit

To each their own, if I lean over the table my shot is fucked. I have to stand up right and 2-3 feet off the table for my shoot to be consistent.

Good luck in any satellite with that strategy.

the727kid

Only time will tell:)

drunkenbear

i hate playing with the elbow rule im in Chicago( South Suburbs) and it seems like everyone plays the elbow rule i like playing the no lean rule it keeps it fair especially if the opponent is like 6′ 4" D.O.E.R.

i dont think that lean really makes a huge difference. Andy D a chicago native has won 6 events he is only about 5’9. Two guys from Milwaukee both clearing 6’4 didnt even make the championship when they entered our tournament so just because they can lean doesnt mean they will be good.

Have you played in any Drunken Bear Tournaments?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook