(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Elbow Rule Old School

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Elbow Rule Old School

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  drunkenbear 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

dub
    i hate playing with the elbow rule im in Chicago( South Suburbs) and it seems like everyone plays the elbow rule i like playing the no lean rule it keeps it fair especially if the opponent is like 6′ 4" D.O.E.R.

i dont think that lean really makes a huge difference. Andy D a chicago native has won 6 events he is only about 5’9. Two guys from Milwaukee both clearing 6’4 didnt even make the championship when they entered our tournament so just because they can lean doesnt mean they will be good.

Have you played in any Drunken Bear Tournaments?

But you can still get a near mid-table release at that height. The kids in CFK around that height, probably a little taller, but they release near mid table. I’m about 6’0" and I’ve switched to a shot near mid-table release, as well. Even if you’re not really tall, you can still get a good lean going.

It’s possible that it’s harder for taller guys to lean as much because they don’t have the low center of gravity that a shorter person does. Who knows. I could be completely wrong.

dub
    i hate playing with the elbow rule im in Chicago( South Suburbs) and it seems like everyone plays the elbow rule i like playing the no lean rule it keeps it fair especially if the opponent is like 6′ 4" D.O.E.R.

i dont think that lean really makes a huge difference. Andy D a chicago native has won 6 events he is only about 5’9. Two guys from Milwaukee both clearing 6’4 didnt even make the championship when they entered our tournament so just because they can lean doesnt mean they will be good.

Have you played in any Drunken Bear Tournaments?

But you can still get a near mid-table release at that height. The kids in CFK are around that height, probably a little taller, but they release near mid table. I’m about 6’0" and I’ve switched to a shot near mid-table release, as well. Even if you’re not really tall, you can still get a good lean going.

It’s possible that it’s harder for taller guys to lean as much because they don’t have the low center of gravity that a shorter person does. Who knows. I could be completely wrong.

drunkenbear

no i think your right, but i didnt see a point? Tall guys can lean if they want, short guys can lean if they want, there is a kid from indiana who doesnt lean at all play almost elbow rule and hits all the time. Yes there is an advantage, but that like telling randy johnson that he couldnt extend his leg when he is pitching because when he releases the ball he is closer to the plate then greg maddux but both had great careers

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook