(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

End Game question

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates End Game question

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  sultan 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

thomasbh

if both teams have one cup left, and one team sinks it, and to save themselves, the other team makes it AND knocks the cup off the table who wins?

drunkenbear

on what shot did team 1 make the last cup first? (1st shot or 2nd shot)

If a player shoots a ball that hits the inside of a cup and the cup falls down it counts as a down cup.

Now if team 1 made it on their 1st shot then team 2 only has 1 shot to make the cup. In this case both players on team 2 would NOT shoot only 1 of them would. If team 1 made the shot on their 2nd shot then team 2 would have 2 shots at the last cup.

thomasbh

the first team made the second shot. i dont remember what the other team made i think the second maybe?

ecastro715

the first team made the second shot. i dont remember what the other team made i think the second maybe?

if the cup was made and the shot knocked the cup over, it is only counted as 1 cup. there is no reward for knocking over the cup. therefore, the game would go to overtime, 3 cups per side, and team 1 would get both balls to start.

wianek

What happens if you knock over a cup while re-racking? Does that cup count? IMO, it shouldn’t count, but can I get an official ruling on this?

drunkenbear

i have always considered that a "dead time" if anyone knock over cups at that time it wouldnt count,

bschwamms

What happens when the other team is on redemption and they make a cup that had been previously made? Is it just the end of redemption or the end of the game?

What happens when the other team is on redemption and they make a cup that had been previously made? Is it just the end of redemption or the end of the game?

its impossible to make same cup as soon as its made once its pulled from the rack

swarles of NWBPL

mikevit

its impossible to make same cup as soon as its made once its pulled from the rack

swarles of NWBPL

The correct answer would actually be the game is over, but not in the way he intends it to mean.

If you are shooting redemption and you make a cup that has already been made you are:

1. An idiot for shooting at a cup that doesn’t count.
    2. The loser of the game because it would just count as a missed shot

Thanks for playing

bschwamms

Not just an empty cup that has been pulled from the rack. The cup in your opponents hand that still has a drink in it is what I meant.

gio_chitown

ecastro715

Not just an empty cup that has been pulled from the rack. The cup in your opponents hand that still has a drink in it is what I meant.

Vit’s right. But for shits and giggles, you would not want to shoot at that cup. It is not game over, it will count as a missed shot unless it goes into a cup in play.

mikevit

No, I understood what you meant. If you were the person shooting, congrats, you just shot at a meaningless cup and lost the game.

GSP

No, I understood what you meant. If you were the person shooting, congrats, you just shot at a meaningless cup and lost the game.

under tournament rules mike and the others would be right, however I suspect you guys were not playing by official tournament rules…..therefore, it depends on the house rules, but in most scenarios, if you make a players drink cup…..game over, you win. (no matter what the situation)

sultan

swarles of NWBPL

The correct answer would actually be the game is over, but not in the way he intends it to mean.

If you are shooting redemption and you make a cup that has already been made you are:

1. An idiot for shooting at a cup that doesn’t count.
    2. The loser of the game because it would just count as a missed shot

Thanks for playing

:appl:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook