(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Final Rules WS7

This topic contains 16 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  jesiolowski 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

dwissbrun2

wondering if a final decision has been made about the first, and just confirming the second:

1. cups being “knocked over” in the rack, but still somewhat standing/have water. was there a decision on this? seems to me like this will end up being a very subjective call, unless the rule is very black & white – ie – cup is depleted of water, or fully knocked out of the rack.

2. the rules still state that you can’t move a cup out of your way to throw. doesn’t mention moving the rack forward in order to lean, which I have now seen people doing. safe to assume that you can not purposefully move the rack forward prior to taking your shot?

drellis123

wondering if a final decision has been made about the first, and just confirming the second:

1. cups being "knocked over" in the rack, but still somewhat standing/have water. was there a decision on this? seems to me like this will end up being a very subjective call, unless the rule is very black & white – ie – cup is depleted of water, or fully knocked out of the rack.

2. the rules still state that you can’t move a cup out of your way to throw. doesn’t mention moving the rack forward in order to lean, which I have now seen people doing. safe to assume that you can not purposefully move the rack forward prior to taking your shot?

I have also seen people push the rack forward in order to lean further which I dont like.

Also I have seen the rack moved back so that the 2" lip is past the edge of the table (hanging over). I was under the impression that the rack was made to not be pulled all the way back and the lip of the rack was the 2" barrier from the cups and edge of the table?

wianek

1. cups being "knocked over" in the rack, but still somewhat standing/have water. was there a decision on this? seems to me like this will end up being a very subjective call, unless the rule is very black & white – ie – cup is depleted of water, or fully knocked out of the rack.

I have also seen people push the rack forward in order to lean further which I dont like.

Also I have seen the rack moved back so that the 2" lip is past the edge of the table (hanging over). I was under the impression that the rack was made to not be pulled all the way back and the lip of the rack was the 2" barrier from the cups and edge of the table?

I’ve seen the rack pulled back past the ledge of the table as well and I think this is going to be really hard to enforce. The rack should be redesigned so there is a ledge on the bottom of it which locks in with the slight metal ledge at the end of the table.

Tons of people are moving the rack up while shooting then moving it back while their opponents shoot.

dub

Agreed. I personally love the racks, but there’s a lot of fuckery that can happen with them, all of it mentioned above.

Unless you’re walking to your opponents side of the table before every shot, I don’t see how this is enforceable. It’s sort of an elbow rule type of thing. The only time I don’t foresee it being a problem is during the games where many, many people are watching.

Also not sure if this was clarified yet but what about when the ball hits the rack, does some weird bounce then goes into a cup. Not often but I have seen it happen

dwissbrun2

Also not sure if this was clarified yet but what about when the ball hits the rack, does some weird bounce then goes into a cup. Not often but I have seen it happen

that counts. covered in another post that is currently active

let’s stay on topic, these points are important

the edge of the rack vs. the table edge is going to be near impossible to enforce – however bpong clarified that it should not be over-hanging. thus you can request that it is adjusted if you noticed it out of place.

the "knocked over cups" issues is very important

moving the rack to shoot is definitely enforceable b/c it is obvious. need a ruling

sfoster

moving the rack to shoot is definitely enforceable b/c it is obvious. need a ruling

I’m not so sure about this..
    it’s obvious if they move it with their hands.. but if you just lean into it it’ll slide forward on it’s own.

then it’s not like you’re going to knock the cups over.
    one thing the racks have done is that that the cups are way more stable now.

you can play defense and smack your hand into the rack and you probably won’t knock any cups over. same with a super lean.

dwissbrun2

I’m not so sure about this..
    it’s obvious if they move it with their hands.. but if you just lean into it it’ll slide forward on it’s own.

100% agree. and it has been like that w/o the racks. however, just like w/o the racks i assume, and now am asking, is it disallowed to purposefully move the rack out of the way with your hands to then shoot – like it is disallowed to purposefully move cups out of the way with your hands.

honestly, i played against a guy doing it a few weeks ago and didn’t say anything. a buddy of mine from another state used to move a corner cup out of his way, and i’ve never said anything. so i’m not necessarily saying i’m going to be calling people out… but i want to know what the rules are just in case

kingsbury

that counts. covered in another post that is currently active

let’s stay on topic, these points are important

the edge of the rack vs. the table edge is going to be near impossible to enforce – however bpong clarified that it should not be over-hanging. thus you can request that it is adjusted if you noticed it out of place.

the "knocked over cups" issues is very important

when the rack is pulled back all the way so the cups are like how they could be without the rack you can see it from the other side of the table… just tell them to move it up.. it may not be perfect everytime but i dont think this is that big of a deal. if you want it to be perfect just tell them to move it up before you shoot everytime and you will be good.

"knocked over cups"…. it was talked about once but idk if there was ever an answer.. if you hit the cup but it just leans on the rack and doesnt fall all the way on its side is it a cup or do you just put it back? i think the rule should be if the bottom of the cup lifts up from the rack at all while a defender hits it then its a cup. So if you try and swap a ball and hit the cups all the cups that are leaning or on its side count and the ones still in the rack like they are suppose to be dont count. but thats just what i think.

as for moving the rack.. id say its ok to move it if your opponent hits last cup… but other than that it shouldnt be moved.

dwissbrun2

bump

nvelissa

They should just bolt them shits to the table flush against the back of the table. Fair for everyone…no moving at all means no argument

tcapobr1

They should just bolt them shits to the table flush against the back of the table. Fair for everyone…no moving at all means no argument

sure til fourdyce drops a game, flips out and rips it off the table…

pauls

That could happen

That could happen

That will happen :tom:

jensen

In regards to the rules questions being discussed here, they were put in to play when the Bpong Rack debuted in Mesquite. A) the edge of the Bpong rack will align with the edge of the table. As far as I know, no "moving" of the rack will be allowed for the extra lean, as one of reasons behind the rack was to give more stability to the cups. If you lean and bump the rack that is allowed though as long as cups don’t get knocked over, in that case you will be penalized. b) If a cup is knocked over and the side of the cup makes contact with that rack so that it is more "horizontal" then it is vertical, the cup will be pulled no matter the water content. This actually occurred in the championship game in Mesquite and Billy actually pulled the "dead" cups himself from the rack.

This is how I would interpret based on the first Bpong tourney where the rack were used. But I assume these will be officially addressed by Jan 1.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

20% Off Spring Sale On Entire Store. Free Shipping Over $100.

Facebook