(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

How are you practicing?

Home Page – Flat Forums General Beer Pong Discussion How are you practicing?

This topic contains 33 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  bassman9455 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author

duncan

I set up my own ball-return system with some cardboard, duct tape, and a bing bong table. it’s not much to look at but it works great, and my accuracy has gone through the roof! Only problem is I need to make a new cup-holding frame to account for reforms. But my 6-cup formation skills are solid =) (more video to come)

link

Duncan

skinny

that’s some serious dedication right there…

it should be pointed out that duncan lives in a studio apartment, and that pong table constitutes more than 50% of the items in the apartment….

mlayth

Uhh… I use one of these :wink:

link

travis14

i mean those set ups are really cool and all but i still think shooting at the real thing with none of that in the way is always the best way to practice.. but whatever works for you then i cant say anything.. when i practice i will practice with my partner so that way we get re racks when we want them and we still dont have to go get our own balls when we miss.

mlayth

Travis the formatting is messed up on this page so I can’t read everything that you said.

But I think that my setup allows me to practice a lot faster than otherwise. When you can just stand there and throw balls over and over again.. I throw like 40 balls in a minute, and playing beer pong I only throw 2.

That means that for 2 hours of straight pongshot I would need to play 80 hours of beer pong to throw as many balls.

travis14

yeah i understand what your saying about shooting faster but when i am playing beer pong i dont shoot my shot that quick anyways i take my time and make sure im accurate.. but like i said whatever works for you works for you and it is defintly a cool set up but i just like shooting with my partner and making it as real as possible

mlayth

Take your time all you want..
    You’re still sharing yoru balls and cups with 3 other people.

You just get to throw more often when they roll back automatically.
    It’s not the end all be all, I agree. You still need to practice 2v2.

But believe me when I say it helps , A LOT.
    I crush cups a lot more since I started using this thing.

travis14

yea i bet it does make you better and it probally does sharpen your skills.. i agree with that but so far i think im very good at beer pong and i am very consistant so im going to keep going with what works for me because i get re racks the way i do it so thats what makes me get better and better. i mean like i said before im sure everyone has there different ways of practicing and there is no right way or wrong way at all its just whatever makes your skills better.. i just like the fact when i practice one on one against my partner i get re racks and its as real as a real game can be

mlayth

Yeah I hear you..
    well, I sort of hear you.

The margins are all messed up so I can’t read some of what you said.

:x

travis14

mLayth
    so did you play in the WSOBP last year???
    If so how did you do and how good was the
    competition

duncan

The margins are all messed up so I can’t read some of what you said.

:x

What browser are you using? The site looks great on Firefox.

Duncan

mlayth

It’s messed up for me in both i.e. and firefox..
    It was fine yesterday, but the column display is shorter than its supposed to be, so the text is running off the screen.

No travis I didn’t play in the WSOBP last year unfortunately.
    I’ll be there this time =D

travis14

the site is fine its just this topic for some reason.. i think it might have something to do with the picture that was posted and it was to big.. that is just my guess because all the other topics are fine

duncan

Yeah looks like an issue in certain browsers… We’ll add that to the bug-list. Anyway I sized the image down for now, which seemed to fix it on my end.

travis14

duncan
    It did fix it

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook