(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

How would you guys handle this?

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates How would you guys handle this?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ecastro715 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

tcrisp

How would you guys handle that?

The reason I ask here and no in "Questions" is because I am curious to the rule variations that come up surrounding this one off shot.

Like many have said before… its all luck. If you can prove to the people that you can do it over and over again, then there might be a 1 in a million shot of making that a rule.

tcrisp

So, it doesn’t count then? The guy in the green was the shooter and I said "no cups" and the house split down the middle.

bizness

So, it doesn’t count then? The guy in the green was the shooter and I said "no cups" and the house split down the middle.

I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of this happening in a huge spot in a tourney once. The shot is counted as a MISS if you’re playing with any kind of "official" rules. In house parties, however, I’ve seen this count as 3 cups (one cup for each that the ball is touching)

drunkbarbie

Well it didn’t make it IN a cup so why would it count?

mikevit

I’ve had the unfortunate pleasure of this happening in a huge spot in a tourney once. The shot is counted as a MISS if you’re playing with any kind of "official" rules. In house parties, however, I’ve seen this count as 3 cups (one cup for each that the ball is touching)

Yeah it pretty much depends on if this happens at a regular tournament or at a house party type event. In mostly any tournament you go to this will just count as a missed shot.

At someone’s house or a party of some type (assuming it is part of their rules) I have seen it go by 2 different rules. The more common of the 2 would be that this counts for 3 cups (one for each cup the ball touches like Barry said). Other times I have seen it mean the game is over.

Obviously I wouldn’t want there to be this rule at a tournament, but I have no problem with it being a part of someone’s house rules. It happens so rarely that it will not be too much of an issue. I realize it is all luck, but hey it gives people a reason to get excited during a game and moves it along during a party. "House rules," to be honest, can be a nice break from tournament style play at times.

justpongit

This actually happened to us day 3 against the Blondies Vegas team.
    We were all sort of in shock and just kinda looked at it for about 5
    seconds and then I snatched that ball up so quick because I
    thought just our luck some freak gust of wind would blow it
    right into a cup. Anyhow, to answer your question like
    everbody else has already, no it would not count as hit cups.
    At least not at the WSOBP.

ecastro715

just kinda looked at it for about 5
    seconds and then I snatched that ball up so quick

:(

justpongit

Castro, fuck your face you out of context taking bastard….lol

pong-crasher

How would you guys handle that?

The reason I ask here and no in "Questions" is because I am curious to the rule variations that come up surrounding this one off shot.

I WOULD COUNT ALL THREE CUPS :exc:

ecastro715

Castro, fuck your face you out of context taking bastard….lol

i laughed out loud when i read that the first time, i just didnt want anyone to miss it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook