(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Last cup

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nakazato 8 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

nakazato

If the first shooter hits the last cup, do you take the ball out to prevent the first ball from banking the shot out? OR do you just count a shot if it goes straight in, hits the ball and bounces out?

-E

mlayth

if the first shooter hits last cup, the game is over and there is no second shot

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Yes, the game is generally over (at least in prelims) . . .

However, we are playing with a little twist that might make it a bit different in order to add a chance for that "pressure" chance – the do or die shots – that I absolutely love.

travis14

Yes, the game is generally over (at least in prelims) . . .

However, we are playing with a little twist that might make it a bit different in order to add a chance for that "pressure" chance – the do or die shots – that I absolutely love.

billy in another forum called "serve" you had said that the team that doesnt shoot first gets to shoot twice at the end.. but going by what your saying about last cup being made and game over that means that team that shoots second wont get there other 2 shots.????

William Gaines
    Keymaster

Yeah, we’re still debating this. Last year in prelims, it was sudden death – cup hit –> game over. We’re considering, however, that in order to make all things fair, each team should get an equal number of shots. If we think the time permits, I’d much rather not have sudden death games.

travis14

billy just for a suggestion. the way mdbeerpong does it is… like this. The team who shoots first is decided by coin flip. The team who wins the flip may choose to either a.) shoot one ball and choose which side of the table his/her team will play from or b.) allow the other team the first shot, let them choose the side, and shoot the next two shots.
    so basically off the start one team will shoot one ball and the other team will shoot 2 balls then its all normal after that. i find that to be fair

William Gaines
    Keymaster

That’s how we always played (and how we more or less played last year), but (1) at The WSOBP, it’s easier (and just as fair) for us to randomly assign a team a side of a table, and (2) that way is fine, but if we want to give equal shots to both teams (and I’m not saying we must do that, but if …), then the proposed method accomplishes this whereby the "1 shot for team A and 2 shots for every team thereafter" method does not.

travis14

well yeah cuz mdbeerpong doesnt play last cup game over so i see what your saying. im just throwin some ideas out there for you to think about cuz that way i told you does work

travis14

billy i guess my biggest concern is that if a team gets to shoot first by a picked side of the table and lets just say they make 10 without missing and the other team makes 8 without missing but the game is over cuz the last cup was hit by the team that gets to shoot first… i no alot of it has to do with time and i understand that and i no you all are tryin to make it fair as well

William Gaines
    Keymaster

billy i guess my biggest concern is that if a team gets to shoot first by a picked side of the table and lets just say they make 10 without missing and the other team makes 8 without missing but the game is over cuz the last cup was hit by the team that gets to shoot first… i no alot of it has to do with time and i understand that and i no you all are tryin to make it fair as well

That’s exactly why we are proposing to NOT do it sudden death. Under the proposed version, Team A always gets the first two shots, and Team B always gets the last two shots. There are some complications to this, which our rules will address (such as what if Team A hits Team B’s last cup with its first shot?).

travis14

well billy what we do here is if the first person makes the last cup the second person just gives the ball to the other team for rebuttles.. i no you guys arent doing rebuttles but thats how they play…

William Gaines
    Keymaster

well billy what we do here is if the first person makes the last cup the second person just gives the ball to the other team for rebuttles.. i no you guys arent doing rebuttles but thats how they play…

But we might do them – at least in a limited sense (if it gives players an equal number of shots throughout the game).

travis14

well im just assuming at least for the first round if there are rebuttles its only going to be if there are 2 cups left since both players have to make it right??? and i no your trying to give a equal amount of shots but wut if team B which is the team that doesnt shoot first makes the last cup before team A??

travis14

good because i hate people that try to throw a ball at the cups on purpose like a baseball to try and knock them over.. that is a bitch move

William Gaines
    Keymaster

well im just assuming at least for the first round if there are rebuttles its only going to be if there are 2 cups left since both players have to make it right??? and i no your trying to give a equal amount of shots but wut if team B which is the team that doesnt shoot first makes the last cup before team A??

Then the game would be over (if the game is played under this set of rules, which may or may not be the case at The WSOBP).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook