(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Last cup

This topic contains 23 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nakazato 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

travis14

ok well im defintly looking forward to seeing the final set of rules so i can start getting used to them

William Gaines
    Keymaster

ok well im defintly looking forward to seeing the final set of rules so i can start getting used to them

We’re trying to get them out there – all this stuff is just taking so much time to get together.

Nonetheless, I think the main things people need to get used to are the tables, the balls, and the cups. If you can hit more cups than your opponents with this equipment, the rules (which will be fair) will not matter too much.

travis14

well i have a bing pong table so im used to that and they use those for mdbeerpong anways so im good there.. i like clear cups so im good there and the ping pong balls arent that different are they????

William Gaines
    Keymaster

the ping pong balls arent that different are they????

We’re using 40 mm balls. Back in the day, we were used to 38 mm balls because that’s the size of a lot of the cheap ones out there. The official ping pong ball size is 40 mm, though, and that’s what we’re using. I hate having a sport like ping pong dictate the size of our balls, but until I get more control, I can’t get the ball manufactureres to make balls to our specs for beer pong.

travis14

what size are the real ones that you cant get made?

William Gaines
    Keymaster

what size are the real ones that you cant get made?

It’s not so much that they are "real," and we can get them made. Here’s a better overview.

Ping pong balls used to be 38 mm, up until somewhere around 2000. Then the ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation) changed the size to 40 mm. They had many reasons for this, but it was mostly based on making ping pong more interesting for spectators to watch (bigger balls –> less spin and slower moving ballls –> longer volleys –> more excitement! . . . riiiiiiiiiiiight).

So now today, the biggest ball manufacturers and printers only do the ITTF official size – 40 mm. A lot of the overseas factories, however, still make 38 mm balls, so you can still get them. That’s why often times, the cheap balls in Wal-Mart or Target are 38 mm balls – they come from overseas factories that have the equipment to cheaply make the old 38 mm balls. Since 38 mm balls are not really worth anything today (except for us beer pong players that grew up using them for pong), the better printers/manufacturers in the US no longer make or print 38 mm balls. We therefore switched to 40 mm balls to get a better product.

travis14

well i have STIGA ping pong balls and they are bigger then sportscraft balls.so im assuming STIGA’s are 40mm and sportscraft ate 38mm

William Gaines
    Keymaster

well i have STIGA ping pong balls and they are bigger then sportscraft balls.so im assuming STIGA’s are 40mm and sportscraft ate 38mm

That assumption is probably correct.

nakazato

STIGA balls have a little 40 on them above the star count, and remember to get ** since thats the type Billy sells on the site

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook