(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

LEANing

This topic contains 164 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)
  • Author

mattym

Beer pong is a game of skill and leaning should be eliminated from the rules. I am a beer pong advocate from Philly and hope to get involved with the ever evolving city, state and national circut events. When I came across this site and read the rules of local events and the WSOBP I was shocked to see that leaning is allowed. Leaners take away from the integrity of the game. Any beer pong player that leans should be ashamed of himself, ridiculed and be well aware of the fact that they have no skill and a noob status. Beer pong is a game of skill and leaners take away from the beauty of a pure shooters stroke. Beer pong is also a gentleman’s game and any person who leans and does not play by the elbow rule is a dishonest sucker. I can see with so much on the line that if the rules allow it people will lean but I am hoping to make a movement where if it does not become an official rule, it will be looked at as an unoffical rule and an embarrassment to the game. Lets try and get this rule changed for the love of the game and to weed out those losers who compromise the integrity of this great game.

austin

Beer pong is a game of skill and leaning should be eliminated from the rules. I am a beer pong advocate from Philly and hope to get involved with the ever evolving city, state and national circut events. When I came across this site and read the rules of local events and the WSOBP I was shocked to see that leaning is allowed. Leaners take away from the integrity of the game. Any beer pong player that leans should be ashamed of himself, ridiculed and be well aware of the fact that they have no skill and a noob status. Beer pong is a game of skill and leaners take away from the beauty of a pure shooters stroke. Beer pong is also a gentleman’s game and any person who leans and does not play by the elbow rule is a dishonest sucker. I can see with so much on the line that if the rules allow it people will lean but I am hoping to make a movement where if it does not become an official rule, it will be looked at as an unoffical rule and an embarrassment to the game. Lets try and get this rule changed for the love of the game and to weed out those losers who compromise the integrity of this great game.

You’re beating a dead horse. You’re also wrong. Thanks for playing…

skinny

I am going to try and head off all the vultures who will inevitably reply to this.

Please go through our forums and read the countless discussions of the lean rule. There are a large number of reasons why leaning is allowed, and once you do your research, you’ll understand that a) allowing it is a necesity, and b) it absolutely does not harm the ‘integrity’ of the game.

joefish

First off…. HA, and second, look through the forums before starting a topic that already has multiple threads. This topic has been discussed countless times and I’m not even going to dignify you with an argument. If you want to know how people feel about this then find one of the many threads that already exist. Good day.

joefish

I am going to try and head off all the vultures who will inevitably reply to this.

Please go through our forums and read the countless discussions of the lean rule. There are a large number of reasons why leaning is allowed, and once you do your research, you’ll understand that a) allowing it is a necesity, and b) it absolutely does not harm the ‘integrity’ of the game.

Damn it, you beat me to it.

slipging

Vultures…classic!

Basically comes down to if you think you can enforce it then go for it. Run your tournaments the way you feel right.

Bpong does it there way with leaning and unfortunately bro you are in probably the 1 percentile of people who play in their tournaments who don’t like it.

I agree skill wise it is tougher to make at 8 feet then 5 feet but the name of the game is throw it in the cups however possible.

Better to adapt then rise up.

mattym

Just looking at pictures from the WSOBP event there are people leaning as far as they can. How is that even fun? Do alot of teams go to this extent to lean? The only problem I see is regulating it and it is possible. People will be bitching and complaning if there was an elbow rule, but excessive leaning should not be allowed, its just ridiculous. There should be a ban on excessive leaning, no elbow rule just excessive leaning, stop play call someone over and have an offical make a ruleing. If your chest is over your cups that should not be allowed.

ecastro715

You know what? I think you may be on to something.

mattym

And I apologize for beating a dead horse etc. I was just so surprised by this that I wanted to make it known before doing my research on previous threads. My apologies.

theglory

everytime i see a leaning forum im forced to read it to see how people hate on the pros like they would beat them without leaning or something n somehow it also surprises me they keep popping up

mattym

everytime i see a leaning forum im forced to read it to see how people hate on the pros like they would beat them without leaning or something n somehow it also surprises me they keep popping up

What makes you a pro? Is this your actual profession, or is it that you have competed in tournaments that makes you a pro?

imunk0wn2u

Leaning is the reason the World Series is STILL going on as we speak. People just aren’t missing, it’s impossible! They are slam dunking it. The only guy that missed so far was because he got tazed, understandibly so, but there is still a 469-way tie and games are going to the 5,234th OT. This is the longest beer pong tournament i’ve ever been in!! Gotta go, my turn to shoot

range8

Rookies!

prusch

Wrist rule is the only way to play.

imunk0wn2u

Wrist rule is the only way to play.

thats pussy shit. Real players play with 3 ping pong tables lined up back to back. Then you have to close your eyes and shoot. thats the only way to show true skill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook