(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

LEANing

This topic contains 164 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)
  • Author

mattym
    Beer pong is a game of skill and leaning should be eliminated from the rules. I am a beer pong advocate from Philly and hope to get involved with the ever evolving city, state and national circut events. When I came across this site and read the rules of local events and the WSOBP I was shocked to see that leaning is allowed. Leaners take away from the integrity of the game. Any beer pong player that leans should be ashamed of himself, ridiculed and be well aware of the fact that they have no skill and a noob status. Beer pong is a game of skill and leaners take away from the beauty of a pure shooters stroke. Beer pong is also a gentleman’s game and any person who leans and does not play by the elbow rule is a dishonest sucker. I can see with so much on the line that if the rules allow it people will lean but I am hoping to make a movement where if it does not become an official rule, it will be looked at as an unoffical rule and an embarrassment to the game. Lets try and get this rule changed for the love of the game and to weed out those losers who compromise the integrity of this great game.

Rookies!

I have forgotten more about the game of beer pong than you will ever know.

personius

Leaning is the reason the World Series is STILL going on as we speak. People just aren’t missing, it’s impossible! They are slam dunking it. The only guy that missed so far was because he got tazed, understandibly so, but there is still a 469-way tie and games are going to the 5,234th OT. This is the longest beer pong tournament i’ve ever been in!! Gotta go, my turn to shoot

This is damn hilarious… my kind of sense of humor…

joefish

Hey man, if you want to get into the competitive side of pong just embrace the leaning. Everyone leans, and no one shoots perfect (maybe a perfect game but people miss). I was skeptical of the rules before I started using them, now it’s my preferred way of playing.

mikevit
    Beer pong is a game of skill and leaning should be eliminated from the rules. I am a beer pong advocate from Philly and hope to get involved with the ever evolving city, state and national circut events. When I came across this site and read the rules of local events and the WSOBP I was shocked to see that leaning is allowed. Leaners take away from the integrity of the game. Any beer pong player that leans should be ashamed of himself, ridiculed and be well aware of the fact that they have no skill and a noob status. Beer pong is a game of skill and leaners take away from the beauty of a pure shooters stroke. Beer pong is also a gentleman’s game and any person who leans and does not play by the elbow rule is a dishonest sucker. I can see with so much on the line that if the rules allow it people will lean but I am hoping to make a movement where if it does not become an official rule, it will be looked at as an unoffical rule and an embarrassment to the game. Lets try and get this rule changed for the love of the game and to weed out those losers who compromise the integrity of this great game.

Rookies!

I have forgotten more about the game of beer pong than you will ever know.

You obviously didn’t forget the WiFi password for the Woodshed… :-( {|=:

jeffbarnes

:-( {|=:

proxx

it’s a damn shame that these rules carry so much weight in the beer pong community because leaning is for frauds.

joefish

Proxx, what’s fraudulent is standing back and just shooting at a mass of cups, hoping one goes in. Leaning brings a way higher competitive edge to the game.

everytime i see a leaning forum im forced to read it to see how people hate on the pros like they would beat them without leaning or something n somehow it also surprises me they keep popping up

What makes you a pro? Is this your actual profession, or is it that you have competed in tournaments that makes you a pro?

There’s a number of "pro" pong players (many on this forum) that make thousands of dollars a year winning tournaments. Simply competing in tourneys doesn’t make you a pro, winning them consistently does, whether or not it’s your MAIN income source. My son’s a decent player (which is how I got interested in the game-but I suck at it!), & I’d estimate last year, 1/3 to 1/2 his entire income was from beer pong, including tournaments & cash games. I’ll tell you one thing about these "pro" players. They WILL consistently win no matter what rules are in play, because they have remarkable hand/eye coordination. In this, the largest pong organization in the world, leaning is allowed simply because it’s too difficult to enforce, & cuts down on time delays from rules arguments, & everyone here, including the top pro players accept these rules, play by these rules, & WIN MONEY by these rules. I guarantee you that if any of the top 20 players in this forum played you or your non-leaning friends by YOUR OWN rules, you’d still never have a chance in hell of beating any of them on your best day. They’re that good.

DLJ

gary_k

I agree!!! I was watching a video and looking at pictures of a game being played at the WSOBP and some black guy, I think his name was Miquan or Mike Wan…whatever, was definitely taking advantage of the lean. That guy was probably close to half way on the table if not further when shooting. Once again, black people trying to take advantage of the sport.

joefish
    everytime i see a leaning forum im forced to read it to see how people hate on the pros like they would beat them without leaning or something n somehow it also surprises me they keep popping up

What makes you a pro? Is this your actual profession, or is it that you have competed in tournaments that makes you a pro?

There’s a number of "pro" pong players (many on this forum) that make thousands of dollars a year winning tournaments. Simply competing in tourneys doesn’t make you a pro, winning them consistently does, whether or not it’s your MAIN income source. My son’s a decent player (which is how I got interested in the game-but I suck at it!), & I’d estimate last year, 1/3 to 1/2 his entire income was from beer pong, including tournaments & cash games. I’ll tell you one thing about these "pro" players. They WILL consistently win no matter what rules are in play, because they have remarkable hand/eye coordination. In this, the largest pong organization in the world, leaning is allowed simply because it’s too difficult to enforce, & cuts down on time delays from rules arguments, & everyone here, including the top pro players accept these rules, play by these rules, & WIN MONEY by these rules. I guarantee you that if any of the top 20 players in this forum played you or your non-leaning friends by YOUR OWN rules, you’d still never have a chance in hell of beating any of them on your best day. They’re that good.

Agreed, learn to love the lean and you may become a phenomenal player yourself.

I agree!!! I was watching a video and looking at pictures of a game being played at the WSOBP and some black guy, I think his name was Miquan or Mike Wan…whatever, was definitely taking advantage of the lean. That guy was probably close to half way on the table if not further when shooting. Once again, black people trying to take advantage of the sport.

This is priceless!
    HAW

DLJ

mikevit

it’s a damn shame that these rules carry so much weight in the beer pong community because leaning is for frauds.

Could you possibly explain, in a coherent way, how leaning is fraudulent?

ecastro715

Fat Kid and I went to a bar last Friday night by SDSU, and some frat guys started talking shit about our lean (of course). So they challenged us, their rules (of course), and they were still scared to put up any money. We finally settled on a pitcher, we won eye-to-eye, then hit the same cup 3 times and being on fire hit a couple more, it was 10-2 before they even had a shot. We then proceeded to take them out to the woodshed and drank their beer as they walked away quietly.

sauce1

DLJ

Well put… I am relatively new to the tournnament scene ( about a yr and a half ) I played in college and post grad school and played both leaning and not leaning. I graduated colleg 8 years (yes I’m 30) found out last June what type of money was involved in playing in theses tournaments. I would consider myself a pro however I do half a regular 9-5 job. I quickly got rid of my plywood table, Invested in a bpong table and started leaning every game I played. I love the game but a large part of the reason I play so often is to make money. In a 12 month span I’ll probably make about 12 K ( Including WS money) from winning tournamnets, selling bids or straight cash games. MattM you said that your from the Philadelphia area ??? I am as well and you will quickly realize any tournaments with cash prizes all play with the lean rule. I always use the analogy if the NBA changed the rules to a 12 foot rim would you and your boys still play on a 10 foot rim because thats what you prefer??? No you most likely would follow the organized rules that the NBA made. Beer pong / (BPONG RULES) is no different. It is the only formal set of rules out there.

By the way I’m down for cash games following your rules whenever you want.

-Kessler

mattym

Proxx, what’s fraudulent is standing back and just shooting at a mass of cups, hoping one goes in. Leaning brings a way higher competitive edge to the game.

There is nothing fradulent about not leaning. I usually play on a regulation size ping pong table (9ft) and do not lean. I have gone undefeated in double elimination tournaments withouth leaning on 9 foot tables. If leaning is a part of the game im not going to try and change it but excessive leaning (i.e streching out as far as possible) does not even seem fun to me and kind of ridiculous. A slight lean with the body at the edge of the table and the arm streching as far as possible I do not have a problem with.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook