(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

LEANing

This topic contains 164 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Author

dwissbrun2

We have come a long way from that so if you have something constructive to say, by all means go ahead.

pretty sure that i spent time writing 3-4 long posts today that are exactly that.

and if you think that the majority of people on here think there is a way to eliminate leaning, then you’re wrong my friend. a couple people would like to find a solution, however most agree that 1) there isn’t a viable way to stop the leaning issue and 2) they actually could care less what outside people think

dude, go to a tournament, please.

dwissbrun2
    Moron.

and here in lies the point… you and all your predecessors have no respect.

sorry for party’n

???. Buddy, you were being ignorant so if you can’t see how you missed alot of valid points. ones where I aplogized for this, then you are a moron and its not even worth discussing with you.

i’m not sure what you think is going on here… but most of the people on this forum know eachother. as in we play in multiple tournaments a year together. so when you call me a moron you’re the only one that thinks that homie.

i’m done with you. i will continue voice my opposition to people coming to these forums and bashing things they don’t know about, and for which i’ve dedicated time and money towards helping build.

ecastro715
    We have come a long way from that so if you have something constructive to say, by all means go ahead.

pretty sure that i spent time writing 3-4 long posts today that are exactly that.

and if you think that the majority of people on here think there is a way to eliminate leaning, then you’re wrong my friend. a couple people would like to find a solution, however most agree that 1) there isn’t a viable way to stop the leaning issue and 2) they actually could care less what outside people think

+1

mattym
    If you lengthen the table not only would it make the shot a little more difficult

and honestly… does it need to be more difficult? at the world series, about half the field goes 6-6 or worse… my guess is that those players don’t want the game to be any harder. the points about people who have good hand/eye coordination are valid. a guy like pop who shoots 70% on bpong tables will not have a dramatic drop in his percentage if you move him back 2 feet. a guy who shoots 40% will probably drop to 25-30%. does shooting 25% while your opponent shoots 60% sound fun to anyone??? i wouldn’t think so.

so you may think you’ll draw in more people… however i think it might actually scare more people off. so then what you’ve got is a situation where you’ve made people run away, who you know are willing to spend the $$$ to go to vegas/compete in satellites with things the way they are, on the assumption, but with no guarantee, that others will show up in enough numbers to replace those lost and then some on top of that in order to make a gain. i’m not sure i buy that argument, or would be willing to take the risk if i was bpong.

quote]

This has also been debated and yes it does need to be more difficult in my opinion. Pros and players alike have said that they are open to a rule where leaning could be enforced if possible. This shows that people not only wouldn’t mind but maybe prefer that a longer shot be the norm. And rather than regulate the lean, just lengthen the table.

ecastro715

Matt, dude, make it easy on everyone and type your comments AFTER the /quote at the end. when you quote someone, go all the way to the bottom until you see the /quote. just beneath that is where you need to type so that everyone can differentiate what you’re writing, and what someone else has said.

mattym

I know that its not easy and believe me i understand your points and if you wrote 3-4 long constructive posts then thats great. Seriously, but i dont know why you are telling me this.

+1

wianek
    If you lengthen the table not only would it make the shot a little more difficult

and honestly… does it need to be more difficult? at the world series, about half the field goes 6-6 or worse… my guess is that those players don’t want the game to be any harder. the points about people who have good hand/eye coordination are valid. a guy like pop who shoots 70% on bpong tables will not have a dramatic drop in his percentage if you move him back 2 feet. a guy who shoots 40% will probably drop to 25-30%. does shooting 25% while your opponent shoots 60% sound fun to anyone??? i wouldn’t think so.

I actually think you might see a higher drop in the percentages of top tier players like Pop compared to the casual chucker.

Players like Pop are super accurate with the current set up and 95% of the time hit a specific cup they are aiming for. Moving them back 2ft will make it significantly harder to hit a specific cup.

Chuckers, or area shooters are just throwing the ball at a large group of cups. It’s not all that much harder to hit a group of cups from 2ft farther away.

It’s also a LOT less demoralizing to get beat when your opponents go 10/18 than 10/12 (as is common in games these days).

Finally, the perception of the "dunk" is a lot less dramatic on longer tables.

I’ve always been a fan of longer tables and / or table extensions, unofrtunately I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

mattym

Matt, dude, make it easy on everyone and type your comments AFTER the /quote at the end. when you quote someone, go all the way to the bottom until you see the /quote. just beneath that is where you need to type so that everyone can differentiate what you’re writing, and what someone else has said.

Yo that is what I am doing I am not sure what the deal is or why it keeps quoteing me. Look at my responses I am trying below the "quote"

ecastro715

Yo that is what I am doing I am not sure what the deal is or why it keeps quoteing me. Look at my responses I am trying below the "quote"

there you go. don’t alter the pre-text whatsoever and type below and it works fine. that last one was perfect.

wianek

I was going to say the exact same thing…

dwissbrun2

I actually think you might see a higher drop in the percentages of top tier players like Pop compared to the casual chucker.

Players like Pop are super accurate with the current set up and 95% of the time hit a specific cup they are aiming for. Moving them back 2ft will make it significantly harder to hit a specific cup.

Chuckers, or area shooters are just throwing the ball at a large group of cups. It’s not all that much harder to hit a group of cups from 2ft farther away.

It’s also a LOT less demoralizing to get beat when your opponents go 10/18 than 10/12 (as is common in games these days).

I’ve always been a fan of longer tables and / or table extensions, unofrtunately I don’t see it happening anytime soon.

we have to agree to disagree piotr. i think perhaps some testing of these theories is the only way to figure out what’s correct. until some studies are done, i will continue to think that good players will still at a high percentage.

i hear your point about 10/18 vs. 10/12… but you may be talking about instead of losing by 3 cups, a team is losing by 6. that seems pretty demoralizing to me.

mattym

I agree, this is what I am trying to point out as well. Perception from the outside is that the wsobp is not even official bc of the ridiculous lean. Yes, most people can be converted to the pro lean side when they understand the difficulty of enforcing the rule but the perception would go away and it would make for a more fun game IMO. I understand both sides but I think it is possible and instead of saying it will never happen maybe just give it some more thought.

mattym

My bad, I realized I was doing this and apologized. I guess I altered the text somehow but I understood that I had to write below the "quote". Sorry dudes, wont happen again….i hope.

ecastro715

My bad, I realized I was doing this and apologized. I guess I altered the text somehow but I understood that I had to write below the "quote". Sorry dudes, wont happen again….i hope.

no worries. no one said anything before, i thought for a while that i was the only idiot having trouble reading your posts. haha.

My buddies been working on a prototype thats a foldable extension that will attach to any 4 way foldable 8ft table(bpong.bingbong,portopong) it extends from the end of the table about a foot. This is solely for the purpose of changing perception to outsiders, also will end the constant readjusting of cups due to OD lean.

Is this something that current pongers are interested in?

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook