(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Leaning and touching cups/table

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Leaning and touching cups/table

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  jonespongpilot 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mazzpal

I asked this question a few weeks ago and I can’t find the topic.. So anyways, I want to clear up some things because we’re about to start holding Tournaments here in Clovis New Mexico =D

If I’m leaning and my thigh is touching the table/cups while I shoot is this illegal? I know that if you knock over cups at any given time it counts as a hit but am I allowed to lean and touch the table with my leg while shooting?

Thanks a lot.

imunk0wn2u

Yes, it’s allowed.

jgarg0511

Its totally NOT allowed, at least as far as the rules go, i know that its not well enforced at local tournaments but as far as the wsobp rules go they clearly state that a player can’t make contact with any part of the table (including the cups) when shooting

jgarg0511

I stand corrected, I misinterpreted the rules, i guess you can place ur thigh against the table, u just cant use your hand to gain leverage by resting it on top of the table

A player may not place a hand/foot/leg/penis/whatever on the table in order to gain additional reach and/or leverage.
    Players may not edge themselves around the table when they throw.
    Under no circumstances may a player shoot with any part of his or her body on (against is permitted) the table. Of course, if you have a beer gut that must rest on the table because there’s nothing else you can do with it; the "beer gut on the table" exception will apply.

j-ho

i think this rule should be examined for next year’s wsobp….. i believe nothing should be allowed to touch the table………………………….:think:

mazzpal

Ok thanks a lot. I thought that I was correct, just wanted to make sure.

If you enforce the rules of nothing touching… A lot of fat people will be very upset!

mikepop66

i think this rule should be examined for next year’s wsobp….. i believe nothing should be allowed to touch the table………………………….:think:

]

i agree but i think this is also a matter of being to hard to be enforced. wed need refs at every table. and lets say in finals 1 team is gona call some1 for barely touching a table with ur leg or w.e to try to take away a big shot? thatll cause havoc. i think it should be worded more like u cant move the table with ur body and u cant hit into the cups so they have to be reracked after every shot. thats kinda gay when people do that.

Agree but impossible to enforce. It should be an understanding that if your shot moves the rack after every shot you either shoot from the side or move your rack up a few inches

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook