(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Live Broadcast?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  strider 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Does anyone know how to get the live broadcast when the tourny starts? I saw an article that was talking about it and I looked here on the website and the FB page but havent seen where to go to watch it.

skinny

There will be plenty of information about this coming out over the next few days, but the short answer is: keep an eye on our Facebook page (facebook.com/bpong)

strider

is it close enough to give us more details on this yet? is there going to be somebody casting random games or is it just going to be a stationary camera on the "spot light table" or whatever the hell it was called? it doesnt matter all that much to me personally since i will be laying but i would like to give friends some details before i go to vegas and get too drunk to remind them all since they arent going to be glued to your facebook page waiting for details…

skinny

It will be a combination of feature table matchups, interviews, and other games that are interesting within the ballroom. Everything will be available through our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/bpong

I thought I saw somewhere it would cost money to watch online… Is this true? I just don’t see people willing to pay money to watch a beer pong tournament on a computer…

grac112

I actually have a bunch of my bar regulars that would like to see it so Im trying to get it up on one of the tv’s before i Leave

ecastro715

I thought I saw somewhere it would cost money to watch online… Is this true? I just don’t see people willing to pay money to watch a beer pong tournament on a computer…

Not only am I willing to pay money to watch the WSOBP Live, I’d pay 5 bucks to watch satellites from all over the country each tourney. And I would guesstimate about 80% of family and friends of those that are playing in the WS will pay to watch day 3.

This should get to a point where I’m playing a satty here in San Diego and projected on the screen is another satty going on in NY and visa versa.

Just got this link from the guys here at Bpong http://apps.facebook.com/beerpong-worldseries/

kterry

I somewhat agree with Castro, but I think it could reach a much much larger audience if it were free to watch

G4 or Spike just need to pick it up and air it. Even if it’s just for a few hours… I mean what else would they show on a Wednesday night?! If BOWLING can make it on ESPN then beer pong sure as hell could make it on G4 or Spike!!!! And I think it would bring more people into the sport.

bnich16

G4 or Spike just need to pick it up and air it. Even if it’s just for a few hours… I mean what else would they show on a Wednesday night?! If BOWLING can make it on ESPN then beer pong sure as hell could make it on G4 or Spike!!!! And I think it would bring more people into the sport.

The problem is the language. It will never be aired live on TV. It would have to be on HBO for that lol.

ecastro715

I somewhat agree with Castro, but I think it could reach a much much larger audience if it were free to watch

No denying that more people would watch if it were free. But what’s important about this is that it’s a step in the right direction for the growth of beer pong. Anyone that’s asked me what the WS is like, I’ve told them to go. But not everyone can. I will be telling everyone of them about this as day 3 approaches.

strider

they could still do it they would just need to get a couple people to commentate the games that were being aired to talk about random stuff and the rules and things like that and then not have any audio from the players themselves lol

clawless
    clawless

It’s just like the televised Starcraft phenomenon right now. The players themselves aren’t really watched, but their games are commentated on and between big matches they walk around the convention centers talking to spectators/big names/etc. There is a huge audience there.

I think that’s one of the best models to follow.

William Gaines
    Keymaster

We’ll have good commentators. Here is one of them that is confirmed:

https://www.facebook.com/kristenbrockman

bmarx4

It’s just like the televised Starcraft phenomenon right now. The players themselves aren’t really watched, but their games are commentated on and between big matches they walk around the convention centers talking to spectators/big names/etc. There is a huge audience there.

I think that’s one of the best models to follow.

I somewhat disagree in the use of this model for the fact that the game itself would become boring to watch over a short period of time because it is so repetitive/simple. I would compare our audience more to poker in that most people watch that for the personalities and rivalries. Our sport is so much more interesting to outsiders when the match involves heavy amounts of shit talking. Just watching 4 guys stand there, taking turns throwing a ball will not get it done. Emotion and wild antics combined with the nutty personalities and the occasional story line(NIN vs WTTJ) is what’s going to sell, not the skill level, this isn’t basketball. But then you do have the issue of language which will heavily restrict our abilities to grow in that manner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook