(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

On Fire / NBA Jam rule

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates On Fire / NBA Jam rule

This topic contains 20 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  jeffbarnes 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

blive

The way that we play is if a player makes three consecutive shots in then that player is allowed to shoot until he/she misses. So this rule cannot come into effect until at least the 3rd turn. making his/her shot on 3 turns in a row grants them the ability to keep shooting and gettng the ball back until they miss. Anyone else play this way??

newc31

thats lame as fuck

Bush league frat boys play like that, but it’s just a bunch of shit… you get two GOOD players (not bullshit frat boy players who think they’re good) who make the first six, and then make the next 4 between the two of them no problem… the other team essentially only has 3 turns to make as many cups as they can, then they’re fucked…

that’s dumber than the same-cup = game over rule

badmotel

Bush league frat boys play like that, but it’s just a bunch of shit… you get two GOOD players (not bullshit frat boy players who think they’re good) who make the first six, and then make the next 4 between the two of them no problem… the other team essentially only has 3 turns to make as many cups as they can, then they’re fucked…

Well if you claim to stand no chance because your opponents are really good and can make the first 6 no sweat every time, then sounds like your fucked anyway.

And no, nothing is dumber then the same-cup = game over rule

sinker

yeah the same cup game over rule is stupid..yeah we play the nba jam rule sometimes but do you get the re-rack if your still shooting till you miss.. we play that you don’t get a re-rack if your shooting till you miss so it kind of makes it harder..

greenthumb

I hate this rule with a passion, especially the way my buddies tweeked it. If one person gets man on fire BOTH teammates get balls back… let me put it this way, if each person got man on fire at the same time then it would equal six shots (3 per person). How fuckin retarded is that?

clutchpong

A lot of people in MI play this way. I like it. But thats just me… Do I think its realy fair and should be played at big events like the WSOBP? Absolutly not. But I play like that with friends at a party… Make it a bit more fun and eventfull.

solidgold

i dont like playing this way, but i have and it can fun depending on who your playing with. i played where if you didnt hit the cups then you had to shoot the next shot left handed. one of our opponents air balled his 1st shot and shot left handed the rest of the game. god he was aweful. fucking hilarious though.

Well if you claim to stand no chance because your opponents are really good and can make the first 6 no sweat every time, then sounds like your fucked anyway.

And no, nothing is dumber then the same-cup = game over rule

Well let’s compile statistics… how many games have you played where your opponents make the first 6 cups (whether with double roll-back or single roll-back)? I’ve played in more than a couple… Out of those games, how many have you come back from behind to win? Apparently, you’re talking shit to me like you win the majority of them because you’re so much better, so that means either all of those opponents sucked ASS at shooting at the remaining 4 cups, or you and your teammate USUALLY miss only 2-3 shots per game, which is fuckin ridiculous, and I would call *bullshit* on if you actually tried to tell me that…

shootaslim

i like this rule at house partys nothing i would wanna play in tourny play and i learned this last year at the world series

so all in all its fun for a change but not in tourny

badmotel

mikejohnson38
    Well let’s compile statistics… how many games have you played where your opponents make the first 6 cups (whether with double roll-back or single roll-back)? I’ve played in more than a couple… Out of those games, how many have you come back from behind to win? Apparently, you’re talking shit to me like you win the majority of them because you’re so much better, so that means either all of those opponents sucked ASS at shooting at the remaining 4 cups, or you and your teammate USUALLY miss only 2-3 shots per game, which is fuckin ridiculous, and I would call *bullshit* on if you actually tried to tell me that…

I dont think that i was talking shit. im saying that most teams who find themselves 6 cups behind are fucked, (although i have seen some crazy comebacks).

drkeagle

We play like this but when you make the second one in a row, the player that threw it MUST say, out loud "he’s heating up!" If he does not sat it by the time the other team throws the first ball, you missed out. Now when you make the third one, you have to say "HE"S ON FIRE!" and whoever caught fire get’s both balls back for himself only once. But if he makes both of his fire balls, he in turn, would get balls back for making both shots (we play, if each player makes a shot in the same turn, you get BOTH balls back, not just one).

dub

I think everyone’s getting a bit too fired up about this whole thing. (No pun intended)

At a house party, who cares? It’s better than a stupid elbow rule you can’t regulate or the no talent 2 balls in 1 cup game over rule.

I think it’s a fun rule. Might try it next time we play. Think about it – Lebron has 4 other guys on the court with him at all times, but he can take over a game. This is no different. I wouldn’t want this at the WSOBP, though.

trivial

i like this rule at house partys nothing i would wanna play in tourny play and i learned this last year at the world series

so all in all its fun for a change but not in tourny

x2

azpong

Yeah, these types of rules are fun at parties. Most of the time, there are some pretty bad teams, and these rules even out the playing field a bit. A bad team can get lucky and win against a team they wouldnt normally stand a chance against. Makes it fun and more exciting. Would I play someone for $$ with these rules?? HELL NO. If I play for $$, I am playing "Call your shot" or "Call their cup" with no re-racks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook