(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

people who get entirely too caught up in rules

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates people who get entirely too caught up in rules

This topic contains 71 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  zach_wetpockets 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author

dub

I promised I’d never post in an elbow rule thread again and I’m going to stick to that promise. I will not comment on this gayness. However, here’s a nice pair of tits for everyone to enjoy:

prusch
    WSOBP 3 winners, Chauffering the Fat Kid. Maybe tallest kid is 5’9" or 5’10" – definately nothing above average (for guys at least).

We are actually both 6′ on the spot, however, I can see where you would make the mistake since we have perpetual leans. I’m not gonna lie, it gets awkward sometimes when I’m walking around corners headbutting people all day, but everyone seems to accept it since that’s what real men do.

Sidenote: I’m getting really sick of these tall people complaining about how it’s unfair that short people get to throw from the same distance since they’re more coordinated. Maybe we could have some sort of handicap for the short fellows out there. Perhaps a line 1" back for every 1" below 6′ a person is…

ur bs CFK isnt 6′

How are you going to call b.s. on one of the players themselves saying they are 6 feet? (by the way – they are – not that it matters).

prusch

to put this whole argument quickly to rest, would you like to know who the top 2 NBA players of ALL TIME are in terms of Field Goal Percentage (which is the only likely comparison that actually matters)

Artis Gilmore – Height: 7’2
    Wilt Chamberlin – Height: 7’1

Not sure what dunking the ball has to do with anything related to this forum topic. Shaq led field goal percentage for 12390 years but no one will ever say he’s awesome at shooting.

sfoster

Simple physics will tell you that height is an advantage in pong, not even so much for the horizontal leaning abilities of these players, but the vertical abilities that they have in the way that they are able to take advantage of the surface area of the cups

As far as I’m aware, platform shoes have never been outlawed at the wsobp.
    If you really think the angle is a show stopper, then add a couple of inches to your height.

personally I think the leaning is a bigger advantage than the angle. just an opinion tho

jeffbarnes

so long story short, I go to this little house party at this girl’s house. Some guy brought a pong table. So we are playing by the girl’s house rules, and the entire time he is bitching about how the rules were bullshit, he plays by "the real rules", etc etc. And just crying non stop. We were playing an elbow rule, but he bitched about his table "being a regulation table, therefore there is no elbow rule", so we let him lean, w/e, we just wanna fuckin play.

I wasn’t even drinking at this point, but he kept bitching about the rules so finally I was like "dude, the only rule you need to worry about is if you throw the ball in the cup the other team drinks". So he starts talkin shit to me so I decide to play. Pick some random guy there to play with, we beat the hell out of him. Wasn’t even close. We play him again, beat him again. Again, bitching about the rules the whole time.

So he walks outside, comes back 15 minutes later with his normal beer pong partner…. lol. this guy went and called in reinforcements. Before we start this game he says he wants to play by the "real rules", so I’m just like, whatever, we’ll play however, I’m still gonna throw the ball in the cup. So we beat his ass again one more time. He proceeds to take his table and leave.

Why do some people get so fucking caught up in the rules at parties? At tournies, I can understand. But at a house party? Get fuckin real. Throw the ball in the cup, drink your beer, and fuckin have fun.

Back to the original topic, I am pretty fortunate in that most of the people I am friends with are also into competitive beer pong, so there usually aren’t a whole lot of people complaining. But when I am playing at a house party, I usually just ask them how they are playing and follow their rules. It’s not really a big deal. There’s nothing on the line except trying to stay on the table so you don’t have to wait an hour to play again. Some of the most fun I’ve had playing beer pong has been at random parties with random rules.

If we happen to be first on the table, we usually try to establish our rules but by the end, people usually twist it to their own.

I could give a flying fuck about house party beer pong rules. That is one of the few times I can actually have fun playing beer pong and not have to worry about having anything on the line. And it’s also fun to beat people who want to play with their own rules.

Also, I have gotten to the point where I’m not really used to drinking my cups before I shoot anymore. I kind of forget that this is the way a lot of people play and then they call me out on it like I’m a pussy for not drinking. Then I start drinking every cup, get beligerently drunk, and those people realize they should have let me continue to drink at my own pace.

dub

cc91

I promised I’d never post in an elbow rule thread again and I’m going to stick to that promise. I will not comment on this gayness. However, here’s a nice pair of tits for everyone to enjoy:

Major back problems!!!!

ganjafarmer

Elbow rules is more like a guideline than a rule(when in use). if someone crosses it by an inch or two it doesnt fucking matter. That rule is just made so people dont excessively lean. And the only argument ive heard so far that makes since, is trying to regulate it in the wsobp. I can see it beeing a major problem because there will be some people out there bitching, "ur elbow crossed". But once someone thinks of something smart, like having a judge at every table, bpong will actually look more like a proffesional sport. This rule will draw more people to play, for example, EVERYONE that i have ever talked to about how leaning is aloud in the wsobp, says thats retarded, and thats why they wont go to the wsobp to pay $500 to play gay rules. Plus i play very competativly with my group of friends, and we always play new people…. and ive never ran into anyone who plays with leaning aloud…and im from north county san diego. I guess thats where all the competition is at, cause no one leans down here! ONCE we find a good way to regulate, you leaners are fucked.

gman17

Elbow rules is more like a guideline than a rule(when in use). if someone crosses it by an inch or two it doesnt fucking matter. That rule is just made so people dont excessively lean. And the only argument ive heard so far that makes since, is trying to regulate it in the wsobp. I can see it beeing a major problem because there will be some people out there bitching, "ur elbow crossed". But once someone thinks of something smart, like having a judge at every table, bpong will actually look more like a proffesional sport. This rule will draw more people to play, for example, EVERYONE that i have ever talked to about how leaning is aloud in the wsobp, says thats retarded, and thats why they wont go to the wsobp to pay $500 to play gay rules. Plus i play very competativly with my group of friends, and we always play new people…. and ive never ran into anyone who plays with leaning aloud…and im from north county san diego. I guess thats where all the competition is at, cause no one leans down here! ONCE we find a good way to regulate, you leaners are fucked.

Just incase everyone didn’t read it in the other thread he posted this in…

jhughes44

Plus i play very competativly with my group of friends, and we always play new people…. and ive never ran into anyone who plays with leaning aloud…and im from north county san diego( Valley Center, PaumaValley, Ramona, Escondido, San marcos, Vista, Fallbrook…etc). I guess thats where all the competition is at, cause no one leans down here! ONCE we find a good way to regulate, you leaners are fucked.

Hey man, I live up in San Marcos myself. Let me know if you want to get together and play some cash games sometime. Side Question: How’s come you never come out to any of the satellites that there are in wonderful ‘ol Socal?

Just in case GanjaFarmer didn’t read this in the other thread I posted it in…

mikepop66
    coordination diminishes with height? are you a retard? do u see 6’0 people even make the nba. and ur 6’10 example doesnt work the mans name is Dirk and hes 7 feet tall and he can do w.e. why are there no short people like u in any sport? u wana compair a 6’10 pro which is heigh of a fwd to a 6’0 college player who would be a point guard it makes no sense…ur the minority in pro sports and beerpong actually. hence why every short guy complains about leaning and wishes they were taller instead shutting up since there so much more coordinated according to u and just shoot. yea my 6’6 frame made me so uncoordinated i won the wsobp go figure. ignorance

Pop, you are wrong on this. Shorter people in general are more coordinated than taller people. You can’t cherry pick NBA players to prove your claim – the reason they are professional athletes is because they are more gifted / worked harder than average people. Yes, it is possible to be very tall and very coordinated, but it is not common place. If you are going to make claims about NBA players, take a look at how they compare to each other. Who on AVERAGE has better ball handling skills – the shorter players (say 6’6" and below) or the taller players? Why are poguards typically short?

And yes, you are 6’6" and obviously coordinated. But if you were to test average coordiantion levels between a group of 6’6" guys and a group of 6′ guys, I would bet the 6′ would easily win and the disprity would likely become greater with larger differences in height.

In any case, it doesn’t matter who is more coordinated – it’s not what was being discussed.

this is all absolutely retarded u say tall people arent coordinated first prime example is called the fucking NBA. and all otehr pro sports nfl QBs 6’3 to 6’6 all wide receiver which are very coordinated are all 6’2 to 6’7. if shorter pople r so coordinated why were there only 3 short guys who were ever good in the nba?spud web, mugsy, and nate if u wana say bc he can dunk.if ur comparing guards to centers ur retarded bc like u just sed they are 6’6 compared to sean bradley and yao ming? if u hadnt realized 6’6 is very fucking tall. so ur supporting me saying tall people r more coordinated since the avergae man is 5’10 go look it up

wianek
    coordination diminishes with height? are you a retard? do u see 6’0 people even make the nba. and ur 6’10 example doesnt work the mans name is Dirk and hes 7 feet tall and he can do w.e. why are there no short people like u in any sport? u wana compair a 6’10 pro which is heigh of a fwd to a 6’0 college player who would be a point guard it makes no sense…ur the minority in pro sports and beerpong actually. hence why every short guy complains about leaning and wishes they were taller instead shutting up since there so much more coordinated according to u and just shoot. yea my 6’6 frame made me so uncoordinated i won the wsobp go figure. ignorance

Pop, you are wrong on this. Shorter people in general are more coordinated than taller people. You can’t cherry pick NBA players to prove your claim – the reason they are professional athletes is because they are more gifted / worked harder than average people. Yes, it is possible to be very tall and very coordinated, but it is not common place. If you are going to make claims about NBA players, take a look at how they compare to each other. Who on AVERAGE has better ball handling skills – the shorter players (say 6’6" and below) or the taller players? Why are poguards typically short?

And yes, you are 6’6" and obviously coordinated. But if you were to test average coordiantion levels between a group of 6’6" guys and a group of 6′ guys, I would bet the 6′ would easily win and the disprity would likely become greater with larger differences in height.

In any case, it doesn’t matter who is more coordinated – it’s not what was being discussed.

this is all absolutely retarded u say tall people arent coordinated first prime example is called the fucking NBA. and all otehr pro sports nfl QBs 6’3 to 6’6 all wide receiver which are very coordinated are all 6’2 to 6’7. if shorter pople r so coordinated why were there only 3 short guys who were ever good in the nba?spud web, mugsy, and nate if u wana say bc he can dunk.if ur comparing guards to centers ur retarded bc like u just sed they are 6’6 compared to sean bradley and yao ming? if u hadnt realized 6’6 is very fucking tall. so ur supporting me saying tall people r more coordinated since the avergae man is 5’10 go look it up

Pop, it would be helful if you actually carefully read my post before getting all worked up.

I never said tall people are not or cannot be coordinated. All I said was that shorter people are on AVERAGE more coordinated than taller people. Put differently, on AVERAGE coordination decreases with height. But you can continue to believe what you want.

sfoster

Wizards and Warriors pop..
    You ever play any video games? Warriors always kick ass at the low levels, but the wizards who are weak as hell become strongest in the end.

You see some high schooler who just went through a 2 foot growth spurt.. it’s going to take him years before he starts matching the coordination of his shorter peers. You have more potential area that your hands can reach, and a greater area that you have to coordinate your limbs within. This makes it more of a challenge (and thus less coordination on average) but also grants more potential, and thus being a champion if you’re both tall and coordinated.

Tall people have the most potential in sports, which is why at the cream of the crop pro level you see mostly tall athletes. It’s just a natural theme of life that the more potential that is available, the harder it will be to actualize.

prusch

Pop – I think the point is that it’s somewhat of a freakish quality for someone to be extremely tall AND extremely athletic/coordinated. NBA players and NFL quarterbacks are the exception to the rule – which is another reason why they make ungodly amounts of money. This has gotten out of hand of course, and I should’ve just reposted the amazing pic that Baker graced us with earlier.

dub

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook