(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Post your house rules here!

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Post your house rules here!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  redrocker 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

sfoster

so guys touching the ball is outlandish..

I think being able to finger the ball out is fun, and if ppl throw it right then it shouldn’t be spinning around anyway. But that’s just maybe something between friends, there is no way it would work in a tournament setting.

I’m against any rule that favors one particular gender, I think it’s demeaning.

levischultz

1.2 Balls, 2 Players per team. 10 cups…at least 2 beers per side per game.
    2. If it is the beginig of the night, look into eyes, shoot, person to makes it team shots first.
    3. Bitchs Blow…thats it, no guys finger or any shit like that.
    4 defense is allowed…BUT the ball can not be touched UNLESS it is a bounce…if its bounced its fair game. So Girls, feel free to pull out them boobies!
    5. 2 re-racks when ever the team wants in what ever rack they call for…as long as it does not go longer then the original 4 deep..(if you playing 10 cup).
    6. if you go to swat a bounce and you knock over your own cup…it counts, if you hit it and the cup pushes over the edge, it counts…but as someone stated earlier, it can be caught, and if the beer is not spilled, it can be replaced.
    7. If you bounce it is 1 more cup for every bounce…(EX. 1 bounce = 2 cups, 2 bounces = 3 cups…Ect)
    8. Both players make it, balls back.
    9. Both players make same cup, 3 cups, balls back.
    10. If there is an illegal interference, I.E. player swats a non-bounce shot, it is a cup, the team who blocked the shot illegaly gets to pick the cup.
    11. no pulling cups.
    12.if both players on a team were to bounce and make the same cup it would be balls back and 5 cups, unless more then 1 bounce from one or both of the players.. then just add 1 more cup per bounce. (revert to #7)
    13. if one player makes 3 cups in a row without missing, that said player is now on fire and said player gets that ball back and shoots till they miss.
    14. winnig team stays, losers go. winnig team starts next game by shooting first.
    15. if there are only 1 or 2 cups left and the both players make the same cup (since this would be worth 3 cups) it is game over, no chance for the other team to rebuttle. in all other cases, when one teams cups are gone they have the chance to rebuttle, in this mode of the game, both players of the team shoot untill they miss, (i.e. if player a. misses, they are done, but player b. makes it, player b. shoots till they miss, and if they make them all, it goes to overtime.) However, when it becomes time to rebuttle, and the team is shooting till they miss and they get it down to 2 or less cups, and they both make the same cup (since its worth 3), they are declaired the winners, even though they were not the first team to clear the others cups..
    16. overtime is a 3 cup triangle with 1 full beer per side, with no reracks.
    17. if it goes to double overtime, it becomes a 2 cup line with 1 full beer, and if triple overtime is needed (happened 1 time here), it becomes a 1 cup 1 full beer..and that would repeat until a clear winner is found.
    18. our unique rule to this house that i have found nowhere else is…i a player or players go a whole game without making a single cup, the winning team picks the shoot and the player that made 0 balls takes it like a champ. (even if it was your team that won and you made 0, then your teammate picks your shot)!

stg228

These are the rules for where Chauffering the Fat Kid learned to play from, well Mike Orr anyway.

1. Paper, Rock, Scissors to see who goes first with one ball, then two balls after that

2. 6 Cups, all half full roughly, with one Fuck You cup in the back middle.

3. Lean, no lean, doesn’t matter, beat the other damn team and stop whining.

4. No roll backs, no bouncing, no blowing, no fingering.

5. Hit cups and drink them. PUT BACK EMPTIES till there are three then remove those three empties and reform.

6. Hit and empty and drink one of your own, your choice.

7. Replace empties till there are two of the remaining three, then remove them.

8. When last cup is hit, ITS OVER…no bullshit redemption, face it YOU LOST.

Way better them most places since you not only have to hit cups but you have to avoid empties, AND it goes faster.

I do however like to read about different variations that can always be incorporated to make it more fun. I’m always up for trying new ways of playing as long as the other teams are as well. No one’s way is necessarily the best, but I know our way has helped train a Champion!

depending on amount of people hanging out, you can play 1v1, but if enough people are present, 2v2 is proffered.

6 cup.
    bounce= 2 cups but can be swatted.
    same cup= game over. I know I’ll prolly get flamed for this rule, but I really don’t care. lol

both balls made, both balls are brought back.

if there are two cups left, and both cups are made, game is over and there is no rebuttal.

for the rebuttal, if there are 3 cups left, you must make 3 consecutive shots to force a 3 cup overtime. If there is another tie after the 3 cup overtime, you go back to 6 cup.

girls can blow, but guys can’t finger

I think that about covers it.

We are thinking about making a wall rule that if you bounce it off the wall it’s worth 3 cups. haha

kenco12

WSOBP Rules with modifications

Homeowner starts beer pong with teammate, winners start the rest.

No rebuttals

REPPN WOOSTA, MA…come get some!

10 cups – 18oz
    2 balls

eye to eye 1,2,3,shoot

gg agree to no bounce depending on table
    if bounce allowed, 2 cups if made, swat ok

guys can finger, chicks can blow — gg agree to no finger OK — always girls blow if girls playing

If 1st shooter hits, leave it. Same cup = 3 & bring em back if 2nd shooter makes any cup.

Racks anytime even mid-turn on 6,4,3,2, center 1 and thumb or leave it

No game enders if 2 cups are left and both cups hit in succession. 2nd team ALWAYS gets the bottom of the 9th (a la 04 Red Sox!) for rebuttal – shoot till you miss – courtesy racks on rebuttal 6,4,3,2,1

OT = 4 cups

side where cups were sunk in rebuttal shoots 1st in OT

2nd OT = 3 cups
    3rd OT = 2 cups
    4th OT = 1 cup
    5th OT = 1 cup…..

Very Fair Rules. Makes the games go fast. Winning team stays on.

MISC RULES

a. play hand rule at the table
    b. no stacking cups
    c. no death cups, no ghost cups
    d. courtesy racks (tightening) when table’s wet and needs a zamboni
    e. must drink cup as soon as its sunk, will allow sip if other team goes on a big run like 4-5-6 cups hit in one turn

always fun and competitive and games are pure skill and quick — l337s only

creator9586

we know how the World series plays, but i wanna see what rules you guys play with. heres ours….

THE B.P.P.A RULES

2 Balls
    1 beer for every 3 cups
    Ho’s Blow/Dicks Flick
    Game begins with opponents looking eachother in the eye and shooting at the same time. Unless handicapped. whoever makes it gets to shoot first.
    GameBreaker–If you make it in the cup that your opponent is drinking….game over.
    Bounce=2 cups down.
    Both people make it=balls back
    If one person just makes it, and their teammate bounces it=3 cups down and balls back
    Both people bounce=4 cups and balls back
    Both people bounce in the same cup=game over
    Both people make it in the same cup= 3 cups down and balls back
    D-Wade=1 cup down and 5 balla points
    Backboard=2 cups down
    DIPSHIT rule–you spill one of your cups (in play), it counts
    Bring your wallet
    One cup redemption always, even if you massacre the last round
    If made, game goes to 3 cup overtime
    Whoever ended the game, gets to shoot first in O.T.
    1 Re-rack per round, Unless handicapped. Unlimited re-racks in O.T.

I’m interested to see u r handicap provisions

slherder

everyone should go to http://www.pongrules.com and post their rules. It’s like wikipedia for beer pong rules. Create your own rule sets and check out others. It’s kick ass!

-SL

goodwyn

one2kill

we know how the World series plays, but i wanna see what rules you guys play with. heres ours….

THE B.P.P.A RULES

2 Balls
    1 beer for every 3 cups
    Ho’s Blow/Dicks Flick
    Game begins with opponents looking eachother in the eye and shooting at the same time. Unless handicapped. whoever makes it gets to shoot first.
    GameBreaker–If you make it in the cup that your opponent is drinking….game over.
    Bounce=2 cups down.
    Both people make it=balls back
    If one person just makes it, and their teammate bounces it=3 cups down and balls back
    Both people bounce=4 cups and balls back
    Both people bounce in the same cup=game over
    Both people make it in the same cup= 3 cups down and balls back
    D-Wade=1 cup down and 5 balla points
    Backboard=2 cups down
    DIPSHIT rule–you spill one of your cups (in play), it counts
    Bring your wallet
    One cup redemption always, even if you massacre the last round
    If made, game goes to 3 cup overtime
    Whoever ended the game, gets to shoot first in O.T.
    1 Re-rack per round, Unless handicapped. Unlimited re-racks in O.T.

thats how we play down in socal , but we got a behind the back rule
    if the ball roles back across the halfway point that player gets to throw behind the back for2 cups ,

and if you make same cup that counts as three cups , it takes real skill to make a cup with a ball still in there ,

and theres a grenade rule if both players make same cup in middle cup with a full rack everycup touching the center cup gets taken away

except we give two reracks pergame .

other than that i think everybody plays he same way .

sultan

BPong ireland House Rules

WSOBP Rules with the following additions:

1. Bounce is worth 2 cups
    2. Opposing Team may defend a bounce
    3. If both players make their shots they keep shooting until they miss (either player may shoot)

We generally play winner stays on, if it’s not a competition.

Our rules are designed to maximize the amount of games in a given period of time.

more games = more fun!:alc:

-Stephen

dwissbrun2

thats how we play down in socal , but we got a behind the back rule
    if the ball roles back across the halfway point that player gets to throw behind the back for2 cups

if you’re in socal then you need to check out link

and if you make same cup that counts as three cups , it takes real skill to make a cup with a ball still in there ,

and theres a grenade rule if both players make same cup in middle cup with a full rack everycup touching the center cup gets taken away

i’m somewhat surprised nobody jumped all over this yet, but just so you know there are about 200+ people at each world series that can hit the shots you described – on demand

redrocker

I have a WSOBP Rule question… I have read the rules but just want to be clear. When a player has the ball and takes his/her turn and makes a cup does that player get the ball back and allowed to throw again?

I have a WSOBP Rule question… I have read the rules but just want to be clear. When a player has the ball and takes his/her turn and makes a cup does that player get the ball back and allowed to throw again?

If BOTH players make their shot, only one person on that team gets one more shot.

redrocker

If BOTH players make their shot, only one person on that team gets one more shot.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook