(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Proposed WSOBP II Rules

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Proposed WSOBP II Rules

This topic contains 16 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  drnick 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

mose0134

Looking all the other posts and gathering what I believe are the best rules from them, here is what I propose to be the rules at the WSOBP II.

-10 cups
    -2 reracks taken throughout the game whenever you would like
    -rerack shapes must be a derivative of the original triangle of 10 (ie. no 3 in
    a row or other weird shapes)
    -No rollbacks
    -Both balls in the last cup, game over
    -all overtimes are 3 cups
    -Rebuttles allowed
    -Rollbacks during rebuttles (so if you are down by 3 or 4 you can still
    force overtime)
    -Shoot induvidually until you miss (ex. if we have three cups left and my
    partner misses his rebuttle attempt, I get to keep shooting until I miss)
    -This part could be changed to both players must make shots to keep
    playing
    -Bouncing allowed but only counts as one cup
    -Let it ride

Like I said before, I have been reading alot of the posts and these rules are what I believe to cater the most toward skill and also will prevent disagreements during the games. If anybody thinks something should be different please post your arguement.

William Gaines
    Keymaster

At a quick read, I think that is pretty close to the tentative rules we are about to release. I think, however, we’ll make it where both team members must hit in order to get rollbacks at the end of the game. To make it on an person-by-person basis, it is possible that one guy could always carry a shitty team (shitty because the other player may suck). By making it where both players must hit to get another shot (and possibly to put it in overtime), it makes it more of a team effort.

drnick

i disagree with a couple of those rules…

-bouncers should be worth 2 in my opinion.. i say this because it adds more skill to the game. if its worth the same as a regular shot then its meaningless. also its fun having to be on your guard making sure they don’t bounce.

-one rule that i’m used to playing by is if you were to shoot first and make it in then you take your team mate’s ball… i’ve heard this rule refered to as "Hot hands". i like this rule because sometimes you get on fire and having to wait throws you off a little. i know its more of a solo effort this way but i’m used to carrying my team so this rule has helped me beat the better players.

- There is a rule we always joke about but i’ve never actually seen it happen before… if the oposing team does not get any reracks (they didn’t make more than 4 cups in) then the loosing team has to run around the house naked. i’ve come close to seeing this when someone was playing really hot girls… the guys got them down to one cup… and the girls got the rerack at the last second.. i was soo pissed lol. then again if the world series is mostly guys i’d recommend a different "punishment"

- one of my stratagies on the later cups is i make the symbol of a pussy above the cup… it always seems to mess people up. one time someone tried to do it back to me and i made it in the first shot to end the game.

-also theres the rule where if you get two balls in the same cup its an auto win. this also goes for the cup that they’re drinking (only one ball has to land in)

overall i think this is the best way to play.. it promotes fairness and skill…. what i would recommend is that you post several sets of rules and then you have the people vote on it online before hand.. then give them a few months to practice with the new rules before the world series

nakazato

1. Bouncing or direct…. its all the same… nothing is worth two. If you think something has an advantage, then shoot it.

2. If you have to shoot for your partner, get a new partner, its a team tourny.

3. If you don’t get any racks your punishment is to drink 7 cups (or 4 if we play 6 cup racks on 3…) Want to make more of a punishment? Sounds fun =)

4. Stated rules are that if you hit the same cup its worth nothing special. So that means hitting the same cup would be an accident… accidents shouldn’t imply victory… If you aren’t patient enough to wait for the rack… then hit a different cup or suck up the fact that you don’t get credit for two hits when you accidentally hit the same cup your partner hit.

-E

dtrain690

I honestly think that the game shouldnt be thought about that much cause its not that big an issue, yes its suppossed to be the WORLD SERIES of Beer Pong and its gotta be big but the rules dont need to be debated about sooo much just make it simple. When you think about it you didnt see any champions running the tables, you never saw them getin roll back after roll back so roll backs dont even matter cause they obviously even in big games were not an issue and the fact of putting more cups on the table yes 10 cups is gonna be harder becasue some ppl arent used to that but then again alot of other ppl are and that makes more targets so if anything that would make the game so much easier for bad ppl and even more so for realllly good ppl but with less cups (6) your making the game just as simple as it is for anyone so cups shouldnt really even matter even luck wise the guys that won last year were def. not ranked #1 and the team that was were 11-0 thats damn good and they even had a huggge cup margain so luck is just apart of the game the guys were undefeated and then sucked the guys that won it all werent doing bad nor realllly good it doesnt matter how many cups you have if your honestly that good its not gonna matter at all and reracks are an automatic because you have to remember not everyone coming to play this game party al the time and play this game some are there for they pure enjoyment of the game and experience and should still be entitled so a fun competetive game without having to worry about getting to suck down their 6 or 10 beer right off the bat by good players thats just silly and finally the leaning issue is purely an issue that SHOULD be left up to the WSOBP because thats a house rules thing it changes everytime you go and play the game somewher different and thats what makes the game even funner is finding out last minute the new house rules and having to adjust and since this will be under ONE house everyone wil have to adjust but other than that the games great and i hope i at least help a tiny bit with some decsion making.

josherzz

All the following rules stated above except for the championship game be settled with cups of urine. Seperate the men from the boys! lol

drnick

well like i said before.. for the bouncers it seems best to make it worth 2… this adds a whole different strategy to the game…. now you have to watch and make sure they don’t bounce it… if its only worth one and the other team can still swat it then what is the point of doing a bouncer? theres no point… to me it gives you a reason to throw a bouncer…

this takes just as much skill as anything else in the game… you need to be good at blocking and you need to know when to throw a bouncer

mose0134

I think the arguement against bouncing is that it introduces to many potential disputes into the game and for obvious reasons they would like to avoid as many disputes as possible. At my home game we count bounces as 2 but there are always disputes.

mose0134

Bounces only count as one but when you play "Let it Ride" you can’t swat so with my proposed rules you can bounce without worry of it being swatted but if it goes in it only counts as one.

drnick

i don’t mean to argue but what do you mean by disputes?… i can’t see anything to dispute… it bounces you swat it.. you mess up and knock over a cup its your fault. it bounces once and goes in its worth 2 cups… it bounces any more it still counts at 2 cups… the way i play the bouncer has to be intentional.. it can’t hit a rim bounce off the table and land in a cup… other than that i can’t see any disputing about bouncers

mose0134

At my home game the debates are always over whether the other team was ready or not. I realize that is kind of the point of bouncing (you bounce when the other team is off their guard) but I know one of the arguements at my home games comes from this guy that will bounce as we are reforming the cups so we aren’t expecting him to throw yet and there are always debates over whether that should count or not.

drnick

then i supose they should simply clarrify if you can bounce while they’re re racking it… if they just put every rule up on the web page people can learn it and practice before the world series.. this way there will be very little to debate

once again i’m sorry for arguing about the proposed rules.. i just really feel bouncing and blocking adds soo much depth to the game… its a game in itself

William Gaines
    Keymaster

once again i’m sorry for arguing about the proposed rules.. i just really feel bouncing and blocking adds soo much depth to the game… its a game in itself

Don’t worry about it – we want to hear everybody’s opinions.

Arguing for the other side, though, how do you reconcile this: there are people out there that only bounce (I’ve seen it based on geographic areas and certain demographics). It’s rare, but it is out there. The reason we proposed the rule as is is so we can recognize this style of play, too. If we allow bounce defense, isn’t that essentially saying the way these guys play (by always bouncing) is not legit? Or at the very least, they’ll have to change their entire style of play (throw instead of bounce) if they want to participate?

mose0134

It’s not like these are necessarily going to be the rules, I’m just a guy that is going to play in the WSOBP and from reading the forums these are the rules that I thought would be the most fair. Like Billy said, debate is open and ultimately the decision is up to him on the rules.

drnick

billy if you want you could probaly divide the world series into divisions kinda like in baseball with the national and american leauge… then each one would have a moderatly different ruling… state beofre each match what rules it is.. this might work out

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook