(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Question about the free entrance

Home Page – Flat Forums Events Question about the free entrance

This topic contains 54 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mlayth 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

mlayth

Hey guys,

If I win a satellite tournament, do I have to go or can I give away my spot?

Like, for example.. if I win two satellite tournaments with different teams.
    I would go with one team, and give my free spot away on the other..

rho22

Hey, yeah right bud….you are not going to win 2 satelites, yet alone with 2 different people. But best of luck with that! Haha

mlayth

Whatever you say guy :wink:

I win every tournament in maryland.

travis14

2 be honest i wouldnt be surprised if mylath won 2 satellite tournaments.. i have played against him a few times and every time i have seen him in a tournament him and his partner win all the time… they beat me and my boy in the finals last time i saw him.. he is very good

William Gaines
    Keymaster

That’s not really our call. We don’t have absolute involvement with the guys running each satellite tournament. We work with them to help them get the word out about their events, and we do a few other little things. They also pay for The WSOBP entry (although we do give them a discount). Therefore, it’s really up to the guys running the satellite tournaments.

The one thing that we will do is this. We cannot normally give any refunds under any circumstances because once you’ve paid, we’re already planning stuff based on you coming. The one and only exception to that, however, is that if you win a satellite tournament that pays your way to The WSOBP, we will refund any money you have paid to enter The WSOBP yourself.

mlayth

2 be honest i wouldnt be surprised if mylath won 2 satellite tournaments.. i have played against him a few times and every time i have seen him in a tournament him and his partner win all the time… they beat me and my boy in the finals last time i saw him.. he is very good

Thanks travis.

It’s really not that fair though, since I have a practice net.
    It’s like competing against golfers that have never been to a driving range.

I’m obsessed with perfecting things, so I’ll finally be happy once I can hit 20/20 consecutive balls on it. (I’ve hit 19/20 three times)

I’m dead serious about winning the world series.
    I know no one over there has heard of me, but I can only imagine how much better I’ll be in another 6 months. (This time last year I was going 2-2 at tournaments).

Of course it’s a team game so I just ordered my partner a pong shot too.

travis14

mylath
    so me and larry were at the tournament in canton at HUCKAS yesterday and won are first to then fucked up and lost the next to but we did end up beating the guys who ended up winning it. so it wasnt the best tournament we played in but i guess it happens sometimes… are you and your partner going to be there on sunday at the beer pong tournament??

mlayth

From the looks of the bracket it was a pretty good tournament this last sat.
    I haven’t talked to my partner yet but I’m going to try to make sunday.

Haha, at least you guys beat the champs before you got knocked out.

travis14

yeah man we beat them pretty bad to.. they caught up a little bit on there rebuttles. i didnt miss a shot that game so it was a good game.. then for some reason i went cold after that game and thats why we lost the next 2 games so im a little disapointed about that but i guess everyone goes cold sometimes… yeah man you should defintly sign up for this sundays tournament it will be a good time. and this past tournament was off the hook it was lots of fun and lots of good teams there

mlayth

That’s not really our call. We don’t have absolute involvement with the guys running each satellite tournament. We work with them to help them get the word out about their events, and we do a few other little things. They also pay for The WSOBP entry (although we do give them a discount). Therefore, it’s really up to the guys running the satellite tournaments.

The one thing that we will do is this. We cannot normally give any refunds under any circumstances because once you’ve paid, we’re already planning stuff based on you coming. The one and only exception to that, however, is that if you win a satellite tournament that pays your way to The WSOBP, we will refund any money you have paid to enter The WSOBP yourself.

So Billy, am I to understand that when I sign up for the WSOBP I can’t give away my spot?

That seems a little sketchy. If my partner can’t make it suddenly I see no reason that someone else shouldn’t be able to have his spot that’s already paid for.

mlayth

yeah man we beat them pretty bad to.. they caught up a little bit on there rebuttles. i didnt miss a shot that game so it was a good game.. then for some reason i went cold after that game and thats why we lost the next 2 games so im a little disapointed about that but i guess everyone goes cold sometimes… yeah man you should defintly sign up for this sundays tournament it will be a good time. and this past tournament was off the hook it was lots of fun and lots of good teams there

Yeah def. everyone goes cold. Odds are I’ll be at the tournament..

Even if my partner can’t make it I’d just grab a regular friend of mine and play for fun. That’s the second tournament team delaware has gotten second place at now. Heh I keep missing the tournaments that they show up at.

travis14

well team deleware isnt that good honestly.. they had a 5 overtime game on saturday that was off the hook. but they beat us in overtime at the DC tournament in the finals and we beat this shit out of them saturday. they are good but nothing to brag about. they almost never get balls back so you and your partner would crush them. i am playing with a different partner this sunday so i doubt we will go very far cuz he isnt all that great but its all good it will still be fun.

mlayth

Cool, I’ll know who I’m going with in a day or two. Apparently the one on sunday is going to be an outdoor tournament..

I won the last outdoor one, so I still did alright but if the wind is blowing it can be a bitch. Really adds to the luck factor.

Thanks for the scoop on delaware.

travis14

well i heard it was an outdoor tournament but i heard they have a tent up. so hopefully that will prevent the wind from coming in somewhat. cuz i hate playing outside when its windy..austin said there will prolly only be about 20 teams there since its a sunday so im tryin to find some buddies to enter to get more teams in it.

mlayth

Yeah I really wish we could get enough people to start having 64 team tournaments some of the time.

I know they have that up in NY but it’s like a 4 hour drive.

We’ll have to see about the tent, at the very least it should guarentee some protection from any rain.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook