(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Random Partner Tournament Structure

Home Page – Flat Forums The World Series of Beer Pong Random Partner Tournament Structure

This topic contains 20 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  strider 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

skinny

As a reminder, you can sign up for the Random partner tournament here: http://www.bpong.com/event/1539

Just want to get everyones opinion on the structure. We’ll be capping it at 128 players. My initial thought was to pair everyone up into 64 teams, then have 2 32-team double-elim brackets.

However, I thought it might be fun to make it double-partner and Single-elim. So, each player would have two random partners. There would thus be 128 teams and we would run a Single-elim bracket. So each player still have up to 2 losses.

Thoughts?

york3rdbase

Just trying to get everyones opinion on this:

As a reminder, you can sign up for the Random partner tournament here: http://www.bpong.com/event/1539

Just want to get everyones opinion on the structure. We’ll be capping it at 128 players. My initial thought was to pair everyone up into 64 teams, then have 2 32-team double-elim brackets.

However, I thought it might be fun to make it double-partner and Single-elim. So, each player would have two random partners. There would thus be 128 teams and we would run a Single-elim bracket. So each player still have up to 2 losses.

Thoughts?

I like the idea skinny, getting to play with two randoms. What happens to this tourney if day 4"3 doesn’t end by 8?

york3rdbase

Day 3*

skinny

It will end by 8.

sauce1

I like the idea of 2 different partners

soller2

i like that to…that could pretty interesting

Thoughts?

really wanna play in this here is my thing skinny, seemings its a random partner or two we play with what happens if they dont show do i forfeit? its not like i can keep track of 127 people just in case two of them are my partner lol

just wondering how it would work

thanks,

shane!

fourdyce

My biggest concern is if its 25 bucks a person, shouldn’t the prize be higher then 1k, or will it go up with more entries?

William Gaines
    Keymaster

My biggest concern is if its 25 bucks a person, shouldn’t the prize be higher then 1k, or will it go up with more entries?

The problem here, which I suspect you are overlooking, is that beer is included, which we obviously have to pay for.

clawless
    clawless

Definitely like the idea of two partners. That way at least in the situation described above if one person flakes out, at least I still have the other.

This might make it way too complicated, but is there any way of making sure nobody from the same state play with each other? I only ask because I’d hate to get randomly paired with another ABQ player, whom I can play with whenever I want lol.

Definitely like the idea of two partners. That way at least in the situation described above if one person flakes out, at least I still have the other.

This might make it way too complicated, but is there any way of making sure nobody from the same state play with each other? I only ask because I’d hate to get randomly paired with another ABQ player, whom I can play with whenever I want lol.

basically what he is saying is he wants to be partnered with me as his dream has always been to stand by me at the tables lol

shane

clawless
    clawless

Lol, I don’t really care who I get in that tournament, the plan is to be well beyond hammered by that point.

Lol, I don’t really care who I get in that tournament, the plan is to be well beyond hammered by that point.

fuck yeah lets do a shot for every shot we miss haha

Shane

captaingeech

Definitely two partners.

It gives you the opportunity to play with more people that you would never get the chance of playing with otherwise. Also, if you do somehow get paired with someone that you know (which could still be fun) you get another opportunity to possibly play with someone else that you don’t know.

jesusjohn
    jesusjohn

The only problem I see with having 2 random partner single elimination would be if both your teams have to play against each other the very first round. That is an automatic first round loss which really sucks in a single elimination bracket.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook