(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Registration cups and balls

Home Page – Flat Forums The World Series of Beer Pong Registration cups and balls

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by clawless clawless 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    jesusjohn
    jesusjohn

Today I received an email reminder with info about the series. It said at registration we would be issued cups and balls for our games. Does this mean we have to carry, keep track of and use the same cups for all our games all week long? If so what happens when we lose/ break the cups and balls?

strider

uhh yeah i was wondering about that too… you guys already know we cant keep track of our schedules how in the world do you expect us to keep track of cups and balls too? lol

prusch

And you can’t just take a picture of them on your phone, like you can with the schedule.

skinny2

In the past, we’ve replaced each cup between each game. This of course has us going through a shitload of cups. We talked about this with the hotel, over the past year (since they had noticed how much additional garbage the cups add up to), and they encouraged us to go more green. So, each player will receive a sleeve of 22 cups. This means that each team gets 44 cups. Each team only needs 6 cups to play in each game. I would suggest that you put some of the cups in your room, and carry the rest with you, so that if you lose some, you can have extras. If you do lose your cups, we will sell you another sleeve for $3.

kylesaldana

Saving the earth, one world series at a time.

gravycakes

12 games x 6 cups = 72 cups. SCAME. Just add $3 to our entry fee next time and give us another pack.

skinny2

12*6 is what we were using before. If you just use 44, we use less cups. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that as being reasonable.

gravycakes

12*6 is what we were using before. If you just use 44, we use less cups. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that as being reasonable.

Are people actually going to clean their cups and walk around with them. Or run up to their hotel room between every game to get more? I bet drunk people will forget their cups, start games later and possible forfeits will occur resulting in arguments because they didn’t have their cups or were going to get them etc….

That or everyone’s going to be walking around with napsacks for their cups everyday? So now security can check 10x more bags than before. Fun.

Does this stand just for the 12 games on day1,2 or for day 3 as welll??

danwise

Jesus. Are we not adults? Holding on to 6 cups is not a big deal. I pray you never reproduce, think of the responsibility!

jesusjohn
    jesusjohn

What about the side events and day3? Do we need to bring our cups for the EVW, Singles and Random partner? Do we need to bring our cups for Day 3?

danwise

This is solely speculation, but I believe it’d be just for the Main Event. Most likely just first two days. But possibly day 3.

skinny

We will provide cups for the Side Events.

strider

ok now we need custom wsobp cup and ball carriers… something that looks like the bags you put those folding chairs in when you arent using them but the right size to hold the cups with a logo thrown on there and a side pocket for your balls and another pocket with a plastic window on it so you can slide your schedule into it and still see it…

jesiolowski

even if you loose your cups you can get more for less than a bottle of beer i don’t see the problam with this i actually think its a good idea

clawless
    clawless

This is how WS 1 and 2 were run, as well as Mesquite this past summer. It is not as big a deal as you guys are saying.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook