(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Rules question

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Rules question

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  ja434650 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

candyman

The other night playing in a tournament, my team made last cup, the other team had 3 cups left. The other team made the back 2 cups, when my teammate went to slide the other cup to the back of the table, the other team yelled and said not to move their cup. they wanted their front cup to stay where it was.

In the rules for rereacking, it says: Reracks MUST be done at 6,3,1. But if the rerack is missed it can be called later.

Question is, who calls the rerack, the shooters? or anybody?

clawless
    clawless

Racks must be aligned to the center of the table. When one cup is remaining, the cup shall always be pulled back to within an inch of the end of the table, and it shall be placed in the center of the table.

So you were right. The only time the rules are ambiguous when it comes to reracking is in the case of a cup moving out of position (drifting, pushed by shooter’s body, etc.). In this case it’s not exactly clear if the shooters have to request the "cleanup" first or not.

strider

Yeah you were right the cup should of been moved to the back a team does not get their choice to shoot at a closer last cup than anyone else…

The only way that would of been acceptable is if you guys did not even try to rerack, and they forgot to tell you to do it. Then it would be their fault but in this case that is what they would of wanted, everyone here in AZ would of made sure you pulled it back before we shot at it.

I have always disliked this rule. It seems to me a rack should never make the game harder for you, which in this case it does. I don’t like that you get penalized for hitting the two hardest cups first (working under the assumption that the closer a cup is, the easier it is to hit). I really think the rack on 1 cup should be optional. Plus, a lot of people do the sneaky move where, when they center the last cup, they pull it ALL the way back, beyond the 1-inch-ish spot from the edge of the table that you are supposed to leave the cups. Seems to me making the centering rack optional is a good way to solve both problems.

clown_on_her

they hit bum cups if they hit the back two off the bat… they deff wernt aiming for it and the last cup should be moved back because its the rules. hit the cups you aim for before your bitch about hitting the two "hardest" cups because i would bet that the team that bitched about moving it back for last cup then missed their last shot because they were bums

strider

they hit bum cups if they hit the back two off the bat… they deff wernt aiming for it and the last cup should be moved back because its the rules. hit the cups you aim for before your bitch about hitting the two "hardest" cups because i would bet that the team that bitched about moving it back for last cup then missed their last shot because they were bums

not completely true, i aim for back right as my first shot on the 3 rack although if they hit both back cups then yeah they probably werent aiming at those two. either way if someone really thinks that moving the last cup back 2 inches makes it that much harder i dont think many of us will have to worry about them getting to the one rack against us. seriously last cup is not a hard cup to hit just keep playing get more experience and it will eventually feel like any other cup on the table…

stein

not completely true, i aim for back right as my first shot on the 3 rack although if they hit both back cups then yeah they probably werent aiming at those two. either way if someone really thinks that moving the last cup back 2 inches makes it that much harder i dont think many of us will have to worry about them getting to the one rack against us. seriously last cup is not a hard cup to hit just keep playing get more experience and it will eventually feel like any other cup on the table…

Back right on the 3 rack is the best cup to make. Then the other team thinks you’re just boggying the entire time. Both a mental psych out and your teammate is left with the east front cup.

But ya if they get both back cups they were obviously missing. If they weren’t why wouldn’t they want the cup moved to the back row. It’s the same distance as the last 2 shots they hit. Move it back and tell them to aim for the next one.

strider

Back right on the 3 rack is the best cup to make. Then the other team thinks you’re just boggying the entire time. Both a mental psych out and your teammate is left with the east front cup.

But ya if they get both back cups they were obviously missing. If they weren’t why wouldn’t they want the cup moved to the back row. It’s the same distance as the last 2 shots they hit. Move it back and tell them to aim for the next one.

hmmm yup completely agree with everything you just said lol

comfortmum

Hello, how are you doing? i hope all is fine and good to you, am Miss grace, Nice to meet u dear i want to be your friend, your kindly interest in me Indicate by sending private mail me my email here (graceandrew001@yahoo.com) so my photos Will send you ok. Thanks and a nice day grace””’() (graceandrew001@yahoo.com)

ja434650

Yup official rule is to move the cup to the back of the table. I’m not crazy about this rule but that’s how it goes. Check out PartyHouse Pong for beer pong rules.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook