(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Ruling, conrtroversial.2 balls in the same cup but it bonces out.

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Ruling, conrtroversial.2 balls in the same cup but it bonces out.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  storminorman 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

skratch1t

Need a ruling, This happened tonight.
    Team A is shooting, player 1 gets the ball in a cup,(Team B, does’t move the cup) player 2 gets the ball in the same cup but hits the ball in the cup andb bounces out because the ball is . What is the ruling

Count or not count, and reason?

ecastro715

Need a ruling, This happened tonight.
    Team A is shooting, player 1 gets the ball in a cup,(Team B, does’t move the cup) player 2 gets the ball in the same cup but hits the ball in the cup andb bounces out because the ball is . What is the ruling

Count or not count, and reason?

According to WSOBP rules, the cup that player 1 hit would have to be moved. There will never be a situation where the scenario that you brought up would happen.

As for house rules, they’re just that: house rules. Some people pull the ball out of the cup before the 2nd player shoots, but if the ball was still in the cup, the 2nd player’s shot would usually not count for anything.

prusch

You should have that rule figured out before the game. As Castro said, with WSOBP rules, this wouldn’t happen.

I’ve played with some rules sets that say you leave cups on the table after they’re made. I’ve also seen making the same cup twice rewarded, or penalized. It’s also up to you whether you want to leave balls in the cups, or have players need to request them to be removed.

I would say that no matter what, if a shot goes in a cup, and then bounces out because it hit another ball, that shot is a miss.

dwissbrun2

if you were attempting to play by bpong rules then i’d say the result = nothing.

the cup should have been pulled, so it was a dead cup in the rack. the shooting team should have asked to have it removed before shooting. since the ball went into the same cup, then it should have fell in an empty spot on the table (the cup shouldn’t have been there)… so that’s a miss. in this case the shooting team really fucked up, cause there’s a chance it would have hit the table and bounced in another cup.

say the ball bounced off that ball & then went in another cup… then you’d really have a mess… the cup shouldn’t have been there… so no bounce-in should have happened. in that scenario i’d say pull the cup & re-throw, since both teams were morons for having not pulled the dead cup.

if you were playing house rules… then who the hell knows. though i will say that i’ve never played by any rules that would count a shot that bounced off a ball in a cup and then went to the floor/table/whatever.

storminorman

House rules where I play: if it bounces out, it doesn’t count as a made shot. It has to be wet. It makes no difference if it goes in and bounces out, you flick it out (if it’s ringing-house rule) or you completely miss the cups and table.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook