(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

skills game?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  mlayth 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

muplaymaker

I was playing last night and I had an idea. Why doesn’t the WSOBP have a skills game just like in bowling or pool? You could have people put items in front of the cup and bounce the ball over, bounce off walls, or the ball will have to bounce a certain number of time before it can go in etc… I know you couldn’t getting going this year but for the future that would be something to think about. Anyway, just a thought.

mlayth

Plain old Beer pong just isn’t good enough for some people. :(

travis14

i mean a side skills game would be cool but people are coming there to play straight up beer pong for money. skills cometition is good for like side games

William Gaines
    Keymaster

I was playing last night and I had an idea. Why doesn’t the WSOBP have a skills game just like in bowling or pool? You could have people put items in front of the cup and bounce the ball over, bounce off walls, or the ball will have to bounce a certain number of time before it can go in etc… I know you couldn’t getting going this year but for the future that would be something to think about. Anyway, just a thought.

And where does it say that we are not already working on this?

mlayth

And where does it say that we are not already working on this?

Billy if you have 2 pong shots side by side people can compete to see who can make cups the fastest. Like who can hit 10 or 20 first.

travis14

honestly i no its not my decision and its cool either way if there is a skills thing or not but i just hope that there is just normal beer pong there and that is the reason why we are there for the 20,000

muplaymaker

i wasn’t trying to take away for the reason for being there but i thought it would be a fun event on the side or for the people who don’t make it to day 4.

duncan

Oh I think skill games are a great idea- like a trick shot competition, where you just bust out whatever moves you have like a behind-the-back shot, or if you could set up some crazy bounce shot, that would qualify too…. I don’t know if you guys have seen that video on YouTube called Epic Pong Shots, if those guys show up they would have a field day. link

Speed Pong also comes to mind, and you could do this in a number of ways, for example you could have a 6 or 10-cup rack with the bottoms cut out, so the balls pass through instead of filling up the cup, then each player has 30 seconds or so and unlimited balls, and an official counts the number of cups they hit… That would be pretty interesting.

Then there’s accuracy and distance, like for example maybe you get 10 shots at a 6 or 10 cup rack at 6 feet, 10 shots at 8 feet, 10 shots at 12 feet, etc, and you track your accuracy there. Or to make it more skill-based, the cups could be randomly positioned on the table.

Anyway just thinking out loud about some of the stuff we’ve been wanting to do add to the WSOBP.

mlayth

duncan, pong shot already has a built in counter for speed. You don’t need to have an official keep track for the players.

It’s also possible to quickly compute a players shooting average, since they can stand in 1 place and toss a hundred balls w/ no fetching :D

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook