(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Sonomajoe

This topic contains 250 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by  baralufficus 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)
  • Author

longhorns707

No excuses he said they lost, not a big deal….But it does seem like you guys from stanford beirut have way too big of a head for the results you have shown….Norcal’s finest can talk….I have to say they are the best team in northern Cal right now, so I have no problem with that. We will make it up there sometime in Feb and see how we match up against you guys in a tourney or cash games. We have the date set for our first sattelite of the year and its going to be March 21st at friar Tuck’s pub in Cotati. I will have a page set up on myspace and we will start taking signups next week. It looks like we could get a full 64 team field….I will let everyone know as soon as we start signups and send me an email so I can get you on our email list.

northbaybeerpong@yahoo.com

Mike

Just wanted to thank you for granting me permission to speak. NorCal’s Finest will be at the Satellite… Hope that 64 team field happens, that would be a lot of fun to play in…

phatty

Yea we are looking at 40 plus teams at the tournament in Merced. I think long arms will be there .I think we might go to the Super Bowl one.

sonomajoe

I am hoping we can get that full field we are looking foward longhorns and I will let you know when signups begin…..we finished a dissapointing 2nd tonight in our local tournament so can chalk up another win….oh well……Let me know about that Merced tourney….me and my partner were born and raised there and would definetly come back for a tourney when and where???

thebirdmanjr

Yea we are looking at 40 plus teams at the tournament in Merced. I think long arms will be there .I think we might go to the Super Bowl one.

yea post the details on the Merced tourny..were a new team that is definitely going to stir things up in the competitive circuit this year! We would love to showcase our skills against some quality teams!

dam_o_nation

No excuses he said they lost, not a big deal….But it does seem like you guys from stanford beirut have way too big of a head for the results you have shown….Norcal’s finest can talk….I have to say they are the best team in northern Cal right now, so I have no problem with that. We will make it up there sometime in Feb and see how we match up against you guys in a tourney or cash games. We have the date set for our first sattelite of the year and its going to be March 21st at friar Tuck’s pub in Cotati. I will have a page set up on myspace and we will start taking signups next week. It looks like we could get a full 64 team field….I will let everyone know as soon as we start signups and send me an email so I can get you on our email list.

Mike

All right Sonomajoe, you got us. We did play like shit at the WSOBP, I’ll give you that. Pretty much the only bright spot in our tied-for-65th campaign was beating Not Even Close (3rd place overall) by 4 cups on Day 2. We actually had some pretty solid showings in cash games, but that doesn’t really mean much.

We did make a decent showing in other tourneys that year however. We won the Dublin satellite. We won Hector’s bullshit tourney in Roseville. We split up on different teams for the Solana Beach satellite with a lot of the top SoCal teams and took 2nd and 3rd. Tom won the co-ed satellite in SF, including beating Wet Bandits (my team lost to WB in OT). I won the Huntington Beach tourney with one of the guys from Silence, again beating a bunch of SoCal’s best. Oh yeah, and most impressive of all, we won the Stanford league in the spring. So our overall track record is not too terrible.

Anyway, all that doesn’t matter now. It’s 2009, my shot feels good, and I’m going to let my balls do the talking from now on. Let’s play some cash games!

wianek

Mike

All right Sonomajoe, you got us. We did play like shit at the WSOBP, I’ll give you that. Pretty much the only bright spot in our tied-for-65th campaign was beating Not Even Close (3rd place overall) by 4 cups on Day 2. We actually had some pretty solid showings in cash games, but that doesn’t really mean much.

We did make a decent showing in other tourneys that year however. We won the Dublin satellite. We won Hector’s bullshit tourney in Roseville. We split up on different teams for the Solana Beach satellite with a lot of the top SoCal teams and took 2nd and 3rd. Tom won the co-ed satellite in SF, including beating Wet Bandits (my team lost to WB in OT). I won the Huntington Beach tourney with one of the guys from Silence, again beating a bunch of SoCal’s best. Oh yeah, and most impressive of all, we won the Stanford league in the spring. So our overall track record is not too terrible.

Anyway, all that doesn’t matter now. It’s 2009, my shot feels good, and I’m going to let my balls do the talking from now on. Let’s play some cash games!

65th place is a hell of a lot better than 169th place, so I wouldn’t be talking any shit if I were Sonomajoe.

prusch

65th place is a hell of a lot better than 169th place, so I wouldn’t be talking any shit if I were Sonomajoe.

I’m not sure either should be talking any shit.

dam_o_nation

Oh and one more thing – Sonomajoe, we will give you first dibs on buying our extra satellite codes if you want. Now that there are supposedly going to be many satellites in NorCal this year, I’m sure both us and NorCal’s Finest will have codes to spare.

wianek

Agreed. However, I do think Stanford Beirut has the right to claim they are a better team than Sonomajoe’s team, which is pretty much all they’ve claimed in this thread.

prusch

Agreed. However, I do think Stanford Beirut has the right to claim they are a better team than Sonomajoe’s team, which is pretty much all they’ve claimed in this thread.

I don’t want to ruffle too many feathers, but I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on tied for 65th being that much better than 169th. It sounds a lot better – but really isn’t. After day 2, the two teams in question were 7-5 +6 and 8-4 +8. You’re talking about 1 win by 1 cup separating the two teams – allowing one to barely sneak into the 3rd day, who then won one game. If anyone wants to claim superiority, that’s fine – just seems like a trivial difference to me.

wianek

I don’t want to ruffle too many feathers, but I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on tied for 65th being that much better than 169th. It sounds a lot better – but really isn’t. After day 2, the two teams in question were 7-5 +6 and 8-4 +8. You’re talking about 1 win by 1 cup separating the two teams – allowing one to barely sneak into the 3rd day, who then won one game. If anyone wants to claim superiority, that’s fine – just seems like a trivial difference to me.

sure, based on the WS alone the difference is pretty trivial; however, i do think the overall resume of Stanford Beirut is more impressive than Sonomajoe. All Sonomajoe has done is win some local tourneys in Napa. also, you may or may not agree with this, peter, but i don’t think Stanford Beirut played up to their potential at the WS, though I’m sure Sonomajoe will claim the same.

wianek

So basically Peter is saying stop bragging about whose dick is smallest because in the end you both pee on your nuts

basically he said claiming superiority based on WS results is trivial, but you can read into it however you like.

justpongit

So basically Peter is saying stop arguing about whose dick is smaller because in the end you both pee on your nuts

justpongit

i just put it into more perspective…lol

slim00

Here is the information for the Merced Tournament. Just to note, the grand prize will depend on how many teams show up. We just based it on 20, so the more the better.

link

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 251 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook