(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

The growing trend of crossing the plane

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates The growing trend of crossing the plane

This topic contains 92 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  dgkrowdy 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)
  • Author

sauce1

What in the world will Kessler do then lol. Hopefully it’s not like the WBPT where rules are only enforced to certain people (i.e. rules being enforced to nobodys while the "big names" are allowed to do what they want). I watched a game where someone was playing Ron and Deep and the other team’s crew was yelling and cheering and trying to get Ron and Deep to miss and were told to stop. But obviously when it was reversed, nothing was said…

Regardless, there are some people that it gets out of line and I think Kessler is only a violator when he’s half in the bag and doesn’t even realize he’s at a pong tournament lol

Interesting that you would point to me for this. Ask Vince C if i cross the plane. I actuallly yell at him when I play with him not to do that. I played with Reep as well and gave Goliath a retake on the last cup because he crossed the line. Watch any of me and deeps videos and I am practically holding him back behind the table in WSV. I also think RON and DEEP are 2 of the biggest violators (Mainly deep) pop asked Sam twice in AC to watch them and it never got called.
    I 100% would vote that a cup be taken away on a second violation.
    I’ll talk and talk and talk some more but not over the plane.
    if you ask the people I play with in MD or NJ I’m confident they wont say I’m a violator.

mikevit
    What in the world will Kessler do then lol. Hopefully it’s not like the WBPT where rules are only enforced to certain people (i.e. rules being enforced to nobodys while the "big names" are allowed to do what they want). I watched a game where someone was playing Ron and Deep and the other team’s crew was yelling and cheering and trying to get Ron and Deep to miss and were told to stop. But obviously when it was reversed, nothing was said…

Regardless, there are some people that it gets out of line and I think Kessler is only a violator when he’s half in the bag and doesn’t even realize he’s at a pong tournament lol

Interesting that you would point to me for this. Ask Vince C if i cross the plane. I actuallly yell at him when I play with him not to do that. I played with Reep as well and gave Goliath a retake on the last cup because he crossed the line. Watch any of me and deeps videos and I am practically holding him back behind the table in WSV. I also think RON and DEEP are 2 of the biggest violators (Mainly deep) pop asked Sam twice in AC to watch them and it never got called.
    if you ask the people I play with in MD or NJ I’m confident they wont say I’m a violator.

Kessler is correct. He usually is very conscious of the crossing of the plane regardless of which team is shooting. In one of the videos of an AC qualifier he is actually adamantly pointing it out against Jimbo and Fraser.

I would also be 100% in favor of having to pull a cup if there is an offending team under the following conditions:

1. The offending team is warned by their opponents.
    2. A tournament director is notified after the second offense
    3. The team crosses the plane for a 3rd time overall, this time with the tournament director witnessing the action.

I strongly believe the implementation of the pong bar would deter crossing the plane

mikevit

I strongly believe the implementation of the pong bar would deter crossing the plane

2011 Already?

Give it a fucking rest buddy

dgkrowdy

I though you were off that? I remember seeing something like no more mentioning till 2k11

damn, my bad, ok restarting it now. No mention till 2011

deepc23

I hate having to respond but when i get called out….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Fgy_rOydw

Please show me in this video where we crossed the plane. There is a difference between doing what we do (acting like animals behind the table) and purposefully crossing the plane.

Also, while your at it, take note of the final result..

There are two more videos if you want more evidence..

sauce1

@ Deep

I know the result and NEVER will I blame us losing on that.
    We lost I’m over it. I did take note to the outcome. Congrats.

I will though along with several other players point out that you are a habitual line crosser. I played an entire WS with you and got in an arguement with you (my teamate at the time ) during our game that you needed to stop. (ask Hersh ) During our AC game a few times pop asked for you to move back. Watch the video and I actually with 2 hands make the motion to you guys to step back while I was shooting.

Why even waste time argueing you know you do it and you have been getting away with it. The point was brought up by Barnes that it needs to be addressed before WS 6.

deepc23

@ Kessler

Actually I dont know why you did that at WS when i was your teammate (I was telling somebody the other day that i thought it was very odd)? I would get near the table and you would push me back, then you would get near the table and I would push you back…and then that became our distraction. I just chalked it up to you being drunk.

In past WSeries i was called out and so now when i dance around acting a fool I make sure its behind the table. Whatever…i guess it is what it is. To me there is a difference with intentionally crossing the table and maybe crossing it a little bit while you are jumping around like a lunatic…

I may be the minority on this issue but thats fine…one more thing..

This would be a boring ass game if you had to sit on your ass on the other side of the table behind some imaginary plane when the other person shoots. It would be like shuffleboard, or bocce, or horseshoes where each team takes turns shooting and the other team picks their nose..

There is not much in terms of defense in this game but you better believe that I (and Ron) would take every opportunity to make you miss however we can..

Everyone has something to complain about…just add it to the list..

cytogrinder

The bs thing about any such rule is when you need to interrupt your routine to tell some clown to stay behind the table. All these guys know that… it’s a no lose situation, and I’m not sure there are any good suggestions as to how to stop it.

My suggestion would be to have the "judges" actually get up and walk around looking for rule violations. We shouldn’t have to search for a judge and interupt their texting conversation just to get help with a ruling. The judges should be very active in maintaining the rules during the games. Having to wait for 2nd and 3rd violations, arguing about it, then going to get a judge and have them watch the rest of the match is a waste of time and totally takes you out of your game… if they were proactive this wouldn’t be an issue (and that would go for all rule violations, not just crossing the plane). Just a thought.
    Also, I have noticed the "big names" do get away with a lot more then us average joes… pretty shitty actually.

sauce1

The past is the past. We can not do anything about what happened and cant change any of that.
    As Vince C pointed out. He finds himself doing it. At the WS Satty in Philly against Oneil and Vit I kept pushing Vince back.

I am sure I have done it few times as well and will never say I am perfect.
    Again the point of the post was suggesting a JUST and FAIR punishment if it occurs multiple times during a game. As Barnes pointed out that Video is Rediculous.
    I’m over the topic and will be sure to point it out next time we play deep :)

tooooown

official response from reap?

imunk0wn2u

official response from reap?

He was too busy losing a satellite in NY where even Sonoma Joe couldn’t carry his 7/15. :box:

deepc23

Yeah I was onr of those ppl on the rail. It was bullshit. I think deep even agreed.

Yeah man I did agree. I have no problem with people yelling in our ear and dint think they were out of line..infact I feed off it, its fun. Once again part of the game. What the hell are spectators supposed to do…this isnt tennis.

@ Kessler

I get the point of the post and I agree..sometimes it gets excessive. I remember a game we had against Captain Canada during east west where we got into it cuz the dude was standing on the side of the table while we were shooting.

But like i said, I think there is a difference (and unfortunately a grey area). I never do it intentionally, but your right sometimes it happens in the madness.

If i get called out, there better be a rule clearly written somewhere in that tourney that says i cant and consequences…regardless the madness behind the table wont stop..

(just dont call me out if we’re playing together)

sauce1

If i get called out, there better be a rule clearly written somewhere in that tourney that says i cant and consequences…regardless the madness behind the table wont stop..

(just dont call me out if we’re playing together)

I think you are a good enough player and me and you are a good enough team that we dont need to cross the line. So when I am calling you out its just to be fair because I dont want to have a tainted win.

Anyway ASK ABOUT US back in action Oct 16th…… ( no crossing the plane )

By the way Capt Canada judt did not get it in that video. Maybe I should of requested it in french. The table was busted and I was trying to get him to fix it but he just didnt understand LOL

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook