(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

The growing trend of crossing the plane

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates The growing trend of crossing the plane

This topic contains 92 replies, has 34 voices, and was last updated by  dgkrowdy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author

sauce1

i consider the "plane" of the table to be if i had a quarter in my hand and dropped it, if the quarter were to hit the table as it dropped then my hand was over the plane of the table

I would agree that the plane of the table is the example that you suggested above. But the rule below leaves me to believe that you cant cross the back line while playing defense.
    Esp since they have the clause "to avoid this just stand back a few feet from the cups"

a.Players may not cross the plane of play (the imaginary plane which runs vertically and separates you from your cups) with any part of their bodies, clothing, or other objects, while the other team is shooting. To avoid violating this rule, just stand back a few feet from your cups.

pauls

The way it was always explained to me and the way I play which I believe is the right way — The back plane of the table (the edge where the 4 cups rest in a 10 cup pyramid) has an imaginary line that extends left to right. ( runs parallel to table) There also an imaginary line that runs from the floor to the ceiling.
    You are not allowed to cross over that line/plane while the other team is shooting.

This has always been my understanding of the rule as well, and…

G. Distractions
    1. Distractions are permitted with the following restrictions (subject to a one cup penalty)

c. Players may not approach the opposing team members in an unsportsmanlike manner. This includes running alongside the table to talk trash in an opposing players face.

This leads me to believe I am correct. Even if this is different and the plane is only the space directly above the table, picking up your drink while your opponent is shooting would be a one cup penalty.

dgkrowdy
    The way it was always explained to me and the way I play which I believe is the right way — The back plane of the table (the edge where the 4 cups rest in a 10 cup pyramid) has an imaginary line that extends left to right. ( runs parallel to table) There also an imaginary line that runs from the floor to the ceiling.
    You are not allowed to cross over that line/plane while the other team is shooting.

This has always been my understanding of the rule as well, and…

G. Distractions
    1. Distractions are permitted with the following restrictions (subject to a one cup penalty)

c. Players may not approach the opposing team members in an unsportsmanlike manner. This includes running alongside the table to talk trash in an opposing players face.

This leads me to believe I am correct. Even if this is different and the plane is only the space directly above the table, picking up your drink while your opponent is shooting would be a one cup penalty.

Some teams need to get their friends to follow this rule, its kinda sad when you have to tell your friends who arent even in the tourney to go follow a team around stand behind them and yell for the entire day.

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

20% Off Spring Sale On Entire Store. Free Shipping Over $100.

Facebook