(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Trolls?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  dwissbrun2 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

A couple of friends of mine where talking about a game played the previous night, he mentioned he almost trolled somebody, he almost sank all the cups on the opposing side while still having a 10 cup rack luckily for the opposing team he missed the closer and they sank a shot and avoided the troll. So my question is what does one have to do when trolled in a game of BP?

cc91

clawless
    clawless

When someone trolls (ie, doesnt make a single cup in a game), tradition says they have to get under the table and have their picture taken (hence the term, troll).

rho22

I have a feeling you have never been to then WSOBP because you would be made fun for talking like that…what the hell are you talking about trolling? Are you playing people at a nursing home to get all 10 cups hit before they even make one with the same rules they use at the WSOBP…this has to be one of the stupidest post i’ve seen and if you are going or have been to wsobp you should prob not mention "trolling" to anyone…wow

ooly86

A high percentage of players have trolled, including the guys at the WSOBP. In fact, it’s easier to troll there because when you play a truly elite team, you only get about 4-5 chances to sink a shot rather than the 10-15 chances you get when playing some scrubs at a local tournament.

rho22

I have been to 4 WSOBOP and as you see from my winning percentage I played well…I dont remember ever seeing someone get "trolled" at any of the events….its not like there are teams that dont miss…on average a team misses 5-10 shots a game

adfraser1

I have been to 4 WSOBOP and as you see from my winning percentage I played well…I dont remember ever seeing someone get "trolled" at any of the events….its not like there are teams that dont miss…on average a team misses 5-10 shots a game

Ryan, the people they are talking about are individual trolls. You can go 0-3 and troll. Not team trolls…

ecastro715

To the guy that originally posted, there is no such thing as a stupid post. Except elbow rule questions in which case read the fuckin rules.

Anyway, trolling by definition (according to beer pong) is playing a game and not making a single cup. There is no rule at the WSOBP that says trolls must go under the table. However, at 99.9% (I have the numbers if you’d like to see them) of house/retirement home/internment camp parties, the rule will be to sit under the table for the duration of the following game. It mostly happens to girls but can happen to anyone. Especially at the WSOBP, because the cups are smaller and you will get less shots per game, typically. Most people will be satisfied with you going under the table for a kodak moment so they can laugh about it on Facebook (http://tinyurl.com/3e2urxr) (http://tinyurl.com/3njea2x).

If you do happen to troll during a game I suggest you embrace it have someone get you a cold beer to drink under the table. It’s part of the fun of the game.

theglory

I know hella people have trolled and i go to alot of tournaments in sacramento. i love trolling people.

clawless
    clawless

I have a feeling you have never been to then WSOBP because you would be made fun for talking like that…what the hell are you talking about trolling? Are you playing people at a nursing home to get all 10 cups hit before they even make one with the same rules they use at the WSOBP…this has to be one of the stupidest post i’ve seen and if you are going or have been to wsobp you should prob not mention "trolling" to anyone…wow

I seriously hope this is an attempt at a different kind of trolling, because it is so far off base I have to laugh. Trolls happen all the time in Series rules, that’s what makes them so great to watch! In the Series the pressure is so high that typically if a player trolls he will storm off angrily rather than get under the table, but he still trolled. If you want examples of the best WSOBP players trolling, talk to BMarx or Kessler, who can both tell you it happens at the highest level.

sauce1

The example the original poster gave sounded like it was in a singles game. At the WS I have never seen someone get trolled in singles play.
    In the team portion it does occasionally happen however it’s one person on the team not the entire team. I have played millions of games and have trolled once against so Joe and Byron. They went 10/11 and I haf 3 shots only but missed them all.

bmarx4

I seriously hope this is an attempt at a different kind of trolling, because it is so far off base I have to laugh. Trolls happen all the time in Series rules, that’s what makes them so great to watch! In the Series the pressure is so high that typically if a player trolls he will storm off angrily rather than get under the table, but he still trolled. If you want examples of the best WSOBP players trolling, talk to BMarx or Kessler, who can both tell you it happens at the highest level.

I hate you Jeremy! lol!

clawless
    clawless

Not sure why I can’t type the less than sign…so:

Less Than Three

pauls

I had never heard of the term trolling until about 6 months ago, and I have been going to tournaments for about two years. From Illinois, started playing beer pong at various high school and college parties and a shutout (when the other team hit no cups) was called a Skunk, rather than a troll. The only two punishments I have heard of outside of tournament pong (and until fairly recently) are a naked lap outdoors around the building, or drinking a beer out of a shoe.

sonomajoe

I’ve trolled 3 times in my life…but then again I’m pretty awful, cash games at the series r-ho….cool winning percentage bro!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Domestic Shipping on Orders of $50 or More in the US.

Facebook