(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Who is allowed to play with who?

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Who is allowed to play with who?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by clawless clawless 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

napple1025

There seems to be a little confusion as to the ruling on who is allowed to play with each other in a tournament.

It applies to whether or not previous bid winners are allowed to compete with other bid winners in a satellite tournament.

I was under the impression that 2 bid winners were allowed to play on the same team as long as those 2 players did not win their bids together. Am I incorrect with this statement?

Example: say Player A and Player B win a tournament together and on another day, Player C and Player D win as well. Those two teams are exempt from competing on the same team for future Sattellites. I was under the impression, this DOES NOT exclude Player A competing with Player C or Player B competing with Player D in future tournaments…..?
    Pleas advise, Thanks

cjazel

The rule last year was no 2 bid winners (whether they won them together or not) could play together for any satellites. So in your scenario player A can not play with B, C, or D because they each have a bid to their name. He would need to play with someone who hasn’t yet won a bid. The idea was to create more winners and prevent bid stacking, thus getting new teams/players to come out because they would have a better shot at winning a tournament with less elite teams.

napple1025

The rule last year was no 2 bid winners (whether they won them together or not) could play together for any satellites. So in your scenario player A can not play with B, C, or D because they each have a bid to their name. He would need to play with someone who hasn’t yet won a bid. The idea was to create more winners and prevent bid stacking, thus getting new teams/players to come out because they would have a better shot at winning a tournament with less elite teams.

I was aware of that rule last year but I wasn’t sure if it changed due to the launch of the NBPL. I’ll just assume that ruling still stands for the 2012 year and run my tournament the same way unless advised otherwise. Thanks.

clawless
    clawless

As far as I know the rule still stands. Every organizer I’ve seen running a satty this year has followed the rule, so at least in practice it is still being followed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook