(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Why no elbows rule for WSOBP?

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Why no elbows rule for WSOBP?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  cjmcka 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)
  • Author

I’m sure more than 80 percent of players have played with the elbows rule in the past (a player is not allowed to shoot the ball with his/her elbow crossing the line at the end of the table), so why isn’t this rule enacted for the WSOBP tournaments. I mean
    1. It is unfair to the people who have shorter arms than the taller and longer armed players and 2. It is considerably much less skill to make the cup (hence the 10 for 12 shooting in the championship game this year).

I don’t see why that is not the universal rule to keep the elbow rule in effect for the WSOBP tournaments. It would encourage the same distance of shooting for every single player who plays the game. I also don’t see why any players would have a problem with this rule either, because the best players should want to show that they are still the best players if everyone shoots from the same distance. Any thoughts????

despite this tool’s post i believe posts and comments regarding an elbow rule are becoming far less common and most ppl are realistic and understand why there isnt an elbow rule. but just to clarify, i do not like you or your post and i hope you win the wsobp V just to prove me wrong, dbag.

I’m sure more than 80 percent of players have played with the elbows rule in the past (a player is not allowed to shoot the ball with his/her elbow crossing the line at the end of the table), so why isn’t this rule enacted for the WSOBP tournaments. I mean
    1. It is unfair to the people who have shorter arms than the taller and longer armed players and 2. It is considerably much less skill to make the cup (hence the 10 for 12 shooting in the championship game this year).

I don’t see why that is not the universal rule to keep the elbow rule in effect for the WSOBP tournaments. It would encourage the same distance of shooting for every single player who plays the game. I also don’t see why any players would have a problem with this rule either, because the best players should want to show that they are still the best players if everyone shoots from the same distance. Any thoughts????

despite this tool’s post i believe posts and comments regarding an elbow rule are becoming far less common and most ppl are realistic and understand why there isnt an elbow rule. but just to clarify, i do not like you or your post and i hope you win the wsobp V just to prove me wrong, dbag.

my post was probably a little too hard core. a little sick of these comments tho.

imunk0wn2u

As stated before, the NBA doesn’t limit height because it’s an unfair advantage and everyone should be the same height so that it’s fair to everyone.

Plus, have you ever shot leaning? Have you find it easier? I doubt it. Im willing to bet if you take 20 shots leaning and 20 shots with the elbow rule, you’d shoot the same if not worse. And shooting the same percentage with both isn’t an advantage so it’s a moot point.

austin

i used to think the same way about there not being an elbow rule, but i too learned to embrace it….not to mention, i started playing beer pong on 5-6ft dinner tables witht he elbow rule, like most…..so a lean on an 8ft table evens out.

I actually petitioned the Rules Committee for the use of 6ft dinner tables and/or closet doors as the official tables. Unfortunately, my request was shot down.

Sorry, I tried.

justpongit

can we limit forum access to just those who have actually attended WSOBP?….or at least the rules section……just a thought….lol

dwissbrun2

I don’t see why that is not the universal rule to keep the elbow rule in effect for the WSOBP tournaments. It would encourage the same distance of shooting for every single player who plays the game.

pop (1/2 of smashing time) is something like 6ft 6inch… i am a towering 5ft 9inch, don’t you think that from elbow to fingertip his forearm is longer than mine?????????

so how does having an elbow rule equal out the height/lean advantange???

this was a legitimate debate 1-2 years ago… now everyone’s just sick of it

bondball7

pop (1/2 of smashing time) is something like 6ft 6inch… i am a towering 5ft 9inch, don’t you think that from elbow to fingertip his forearm is longer than mine?????????

No doubt. I still truly believe that taller players have an advantage with the lean rule and especially really tall players, but there is no way to regulate it, i need to get better anyway, and we are all tired talking in circles.

dub

No doubt. I still truly believe that taller players have an advantage with the lean rule and especially really tall players, but there is no way to regulate it, i need to get better anyway, and we are all tired talking in circles.

Think about it, though. Do they really end up doing that well?

Everyone thinks the same thing when they walk in that huge room and see everyone. You start noticing mad tall dudes and you think to yourself "man, they’re going to be tough to beat". But, at the end of the day, how often have to seen like…the final 8 with a real tall dude?

Yes, Pop is tall. So is Neil, but aside from them…it’s not like the final 8 is always fucking 16 Great Khali sized motherfuckers. You still have to shoot. Look at Shawn Bradley. Dude was 7’6" and got dunked on by 6 footers constantly. You still have to be able to play the game. Bottom line.

prime

can we limit forum access to just those who have actually attended WSOBP?….or at least the rules section……just a thought….lol

hey now lol i just joined not too long ago and actually after goin through the rules i made WSOBP the official house rules at my place. This aint a game im trying to get paid.

prusch

I’m going to make a new device that makes everyone release the ball through a small hole in a wall that extends up from the edge of the table. This way everyone is on the same playing field.

azpong

I mentioned this before, but I think anyone who registers to post on this site should have to read and sign a disclaimer that the fucking elbow rule has been debated 10,000 times already… therefore do not bother!

Also, to make sure they actually READ the disclaimer, they must pass a test on the subject before they are allowed to post.

ratmandu1

Easy solution we put 2 tables end to end and play on 16 footers, that way there is no need for an elbow rule. As for height being an advantage, what if a team of dwarves wanted to play, could they stand on a chair to see over the table?

pandemonium2

good god i cant believe i read through all this crap!!

justpongit

you wanna know why there’s no elbow rule at the WSOBP?…do ya?..huh? huh? huh?….you ready?…..you ready for the answer?….you ready?…BECAUSE IT’S BILLY, DUNCAN, AND SKINNY’S TOURNAMENT TO RUN AND THEY SAID SO!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

who’s hungry?

dub

That’s the end of discussion, Steph. What you said is the bottom line. If someone else on the planet wants to run another tourney for big money you make any rules you want. I’d LOVE to see someone try a fucking elbow rule tourney of this size. I can’t imagine the fucking brawls. There would be so many. I would pay to just watch them happen and constantly scream out "His elbow crossed the imaginary line!!! No good!!!!" I would have fun doing that all day.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook