(888) 445-PONG(7664)
Define your top bar navigation in Apperance > Menus

Why no elbows rule for WSOBP?

Home Page – Flat Forums Rules Debates Why no elbows rule for WSOBP?

This topic contains 73 replies, has 45 voices, and was last updated by  cjmcka 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

gman17

Danny should team up with his on screen twin Arnold, they would dominate…

defo

Leaning is for people who cant shoot a ping pong ball in a cup…. period. They dont shoot from behind the table cause if they tried they would miss a lot more then when they lean. Leaning takes skill out of the shots. WSOBP should consider making leaning illegal. Instead of the elbow rule that you "leaners" cry about. They should enforce the head behind the table. That rule would not be hard to enforce, and now everyone has the same distance to shoot from. otherwise tall people are going to be ruling this sport in the future. Think about it, how hard is it to toss a ball from your hand when the cup is just a foot away…..no skill…. and sports are all about skill. so how can this be a sport when it envolves who has a longer reach, and not who has the best shot?

lol ur an idiot..the knicks had david lee (6’9")at center all season..thats a tiny center..is basketball a sport? dont blame ur embarassing genes for people being better than u…oh an btw way we can all shoot further away its not a big deal but as long as they have the no leaning rule why wuddnt u use it? Elbow rule is ametuer talk..tell me this..why dont all these fags who complain about leaning ever suggest a line on the ground? wuddnt that solve everything? we’d all be shooting from the same spot..like i always say, they dont raise the rim on one side of the court to 11ft when yao ming is on the court…man up shorty

cc91

I think all these people complainin about leaning and shit simply suffer from "Short-man Syndrome"….all they need is a support group

Elbow rule is dead, rest in peace…

norcalbp

The only people that bitch about the elbow rule are the ppl who play at house party’s and shit and mop up the competition and think they are the shit and then come play in a real tournament and get takin to the woodshed! I’m so tired of this stupid question lol

Also i would like to point out that the dominate players in the world series would still win in the games with the elbow rule….ive seen guys talk shit to our top players and then put money up agaisnt them with house rules including the elbow and THEY STILL GOT WORKED!

-Mooney (NCBP)

vince

U would think that a person 6’6 has a HUGE advantage but it’s still a skill from ur shooting that puts the ball into a cup. The last partner I played w/ in the World Series was 6’6 or 6’7. His fingertips were close to the midpoint of the the table and he still missed much more shots than I did!!!!! Everyone looked at us and thought he would be the better player because he was taller. Turns out the team w/ more talant and skill wins the games!! FU&% I was hoping they would measure team heights and just advance us w/out playing?? My mistake!! Not gonna fall for that one this year!! :)

ecastro715

U would think that a person 6’6 has a HUGE advantage but it’s still a skill from ur shooting that puts the ball into a cup. The last partner I played w/ in the World Series was 6’6 or 6’7. His fingertips were close to the midpoint of the the table and he still missed much more shots than I did!!!!! Everyone looked at us and thought he would be the better player because he was taller. Turns out the team w/ more talant and skill wins the games!! FU&% I was hoping they would measure team heights and just advance us w/out playing?? My mistake!! Not gonna fall for that one this year!! :)

Well shit, there goes my plan to play with SonomaJoe.

beerpongnews

Still have to put it in the cup wheter its from 8 feet or leaning over to 4-5 feet. Definitely more skill involved with the elbow rule. Everybodies tournaments are different. Doesn’t mean they’re not legit.

gio_chitown

Leaning is for people who cant shoot a ping pong ball in a cup…. period. They dont shoot from behind the table cause if they tried they would miss a lot more then when they lean. Leaning takes skill out of the shots. WSOBP should consider making leaning illegal. Instead of the elbow rule that you "leaners" cry about. They should enforce the head behind the table. That rule would not be hard to enforce, and now everyone has the same distance to shoot from. otherwise tall people are going to be ruling this sport in the future. Think about it, how hard is it to toss a ball from your hand when the cup is just a foot away…..no skill…. and sports are all about skill. so how can this be a sport when it envolves who has a longer reach, and not who has the best shot?

What i don’t understand is why someone would even have an account with bpong in the first place if they do not agree with the core-set of rules and they bash them through POINTLESS posts?? DON’T CREATE A BPONG ACCOUNT IF YOU THINK THE RULES ARE BULLSHIT. I’m not even sure who is serious and who is fucking around anymore…

strider

why does this still get discussed so damn often?

any sort of line real or imaginary behind the end of the table cant be enforced end of story not without referees on each table anyway.

the only way to make sure people are not crossing some sort of line is to go by the end of the table. think of the end of the damn table as the line you cannot cross even if we were to make the tables 12 feet long elbow rule bitches would still bitch about us leaning over the table… get the fuck over the god damn rule and do back to playing elbow rules in your dorm on your 6 foot plastic table you bought from costco!

bpong.com puts on the best tournament in the world hands down. But with every successful venture there will always be criticism. I think that’s why peeps are asking or complaining if you will about the elbow rule. It’s their rules at bpong.com so you have to respect and play by them.

For one yah we play the elbow rule at our events. it’s loosely enforced….just as long as its not a dramatic lean across the table with one of your feet over your head and you look like a dbag russian figue skater while trying to shoot.

Anyway you want to play you’re tournament is all good to me. I had a bit of a problem with Skinny saying that elbow rule tournaments aren’t legitamate. We like sending people to playin bpong.com tourneys. I’m sure he was just defending his product….which i’ve already said clearly is the best of the best!

slowsen

Can we not talk about the stupid elbow rule for a few weeks. The world series just happened. Talk about that. Here are some things to discuss instead of this pointless elbow rule.

1. What happened to CFK? former champ and one of the most consistent WS performers didn’t make day 3

2. Along the same lines, what happened to Sadam’s French Alliance?

3. DOE’s amazing top 20 predictions…There were almost no surprises near the top.

4. Kessler actually finishing in the top 4 in his first world series

5. Game Over boyz insane draw for round robin play

6. Ron and Pop overcoming all their differences and all the new "super teams" formed this year to win for second time when most people thought they wouldn’t.

cjmcka

5. Game Over boyz insane draw for round robin play.

Kessler/Deep had at least as bad of a draw. 12-0 record, prelim rank of 9, but 6 of their 12 opponents made day 3. Teams ranked 1-4 combined for only 6 opponents that made day 3. That said, can’t argue with GOB’s tough schedule playing 2 former champs (though CFK didn’t have it), and 3 teams that ranked in the top 50 in prelims.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Facebook