The World Series of Beer Pong is the largest, longest-running organized beer pong tournament in the world, created by beer pong players, for beer pong players. Past events have drawn over 1,000 participants from 45 U.S. States and 5 Canadian Provinces, offering the largest payout in beer pong history of a $65,000+ prize pool. Games are played on 8-foot BPONG Tables, and WSOBP Rules govern all gameplay. Players may buy-in to the event at any time prior to May 15, 2017, or they may choose to win their way to the event by competing in an official World Series of Beer Pong Satellite Tournament.
June 1-5, 2017
Rules and Format
WSOBP Rules will be in play!
All teams are guaranteed 12 prelim games over the first 2 days (June 2 and 3). The top 160 teams, based on win/loss record and cup differential, will move on to Finals on Day 3.
By booking your room at Westgate with the WSOBP group reservation link, you will save not only on the daily rate but also save over 70% off the sometimes-hidden daily resort fee.
- $59/night (plus resort fee and taxes) on Thursday and Sunday nights
- $79/night (plus resort fee and taxes) on Friday and Saturday nights
- All prices are for double occupancy.
Reduced Resort Fee
On top of the room rate, most major hotels in Las Vegas charge an additional resort fee upon arrival. As of this posting, the daily resort fee at Westgate is just over $34/day (plus tax). By booking with our group, your resort fee will be locked in at $10/night (plus tax).
Important note: if you book via a third-party site or outside of our group, you will almost definitely pay a daily resort fee of about $35/night (plus tax) upon arrival!
Timing of Charges
- Westgate will charge your credit card for only your first night when booking your reservation (unless you book prior to March 1, in which case Westgate will charge you for the first night on March 1).
- You will pay the balance upon arrival, including charges for additional nights, resort fees, and taxes.
Westgate has an insane number of various types of suites available. To keep things simple, they added only 2 options to the booking system they setup for The WSOBP group. If you find another suite you like, however, you can call them to book a different suite via phone. Just be sure to mention you are with The World Series of Beer Pong.
Prizes and Payout Structure
Guaranteed minimum prize pool of $35,000 – will grow based on number of teams.
Value of prizes will increase to $40,000+ with 300 teams and will further increase for every additional 25 teams, e.g., the prize pool value will be $100,000+ at 600 teams.
Prize categories will include at least the following:
- Top placing teams at The WSOBP.
- Top all girls team.
- Top all male team.
- Top co-ed (male-female) team.
- Top international team (not including teams from the US or Canada).
- Costume Prizes (categories TBD).
- Top team with 2 first-time WSOBP players.
- Random prizes for randomly selected games during prelims.
Actual breakdowns of prize pool TBA no later than March 1, 2017.
The last few years, we have offered a VIP bracelet that included benefits to the players, such as the following:
- Access to additional practice tables.
- Priority seating for the Finals.
- Access to “all you can drink” options at the bars in the event space.
VIP options will be announced by March 1, 2017. Although details are not finalized, we know that the prices will be cheaper than in past years!
We are currently working with event organizers and players throughout the country to prepare the side event schedule for WSOBP XII. We will update this page with more information once final decisions have been made.
Past side events have included the following, among others:
- East vs. West
- Men’s Singles (1 v 1)
- Women’s Singles (1 v 1)
- Random Partner
- 3 v 3
- House Rules
- Flip Cup